PDA

View Full Version : direct x

nova
19-02-2006, 02:08 PM
hi, fruity is saying it dosnt support direct x. is there away fruity can??

cheers

Evil G
20-02-2006, 02:01 AM
i think directx will be dead in another year or two. are you sure you can't do what you need to with a vst?

Barely Human
20-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Fruity does support most direct x plugs. Although a few spuroiuos ones dont work. Id would try and find a vst for that kind of plugin.

stjohn
20-02-2006, 11:46 AM
i use the waves plugins for alot of my stuff, but now that im using ableton alot id rather find VST counterparts.... any ideas on whats similiar ???

(i know you can use the waveshell but ableton just wont find it)

nova
20-02-2006, 12:25 PM
im abit confused on this. so direct x is another tipe of vst??. it just wont open c1 mono, when it will open c1 stereo

log:one
20-02-2006, 03:26 PM
im pretty sure fruity doesnt support mono plugins.

nova
20-02-2006, 06:13 PM
that chould be the reason????

nova
20-02-2006, 10:44 PM

cheers man, but howz everyone getting there beats in mono then in fruity??

loopdon
20-02-2006, 11:13 PM

cheers man, but howz everyone getting there beats in mono then in fruity??

on the fx channel you route your drums too you can set to mono (pan). if you want to have your drums mono only to a certain hertz value, say 300 Hz and leave everything above as it is you can use the tool basslane from otiumfx for example:

basslane

http://www.otiumfx.com/images/basslane_big.jpg

"Basslane is a free audio effect for VST compatible hosts. It's a simple, yet very handy little utility to control the stereo field of lower frequencies in your audio material. Allows you to define the processed frequency range while using several monitoring options, and to tweak how much you want it squeezed .

What is this useful for?

• Regain tightness in the bottom of your mix by keeping kick drums and bass lines centered in the stereo field.

• Drum tracks mixed from multiple sources, or processed with delay, reverb etc will often sound "messy" if the kick drum isn't centered. Just drop Basslane on the track.

• Experiment with effects on various tracks without losing definition and focus in the bass region.

• Very useful when mastering for vinyl records. "

--------------------------------------------------

Features ————————————————†”————————————————⠀”—————————

Basslane is a simple utility and thus pretty straight forward to operate.

Here's just a short run-through of the main aspects:

Lowpass Cutoff Freq.

This section controls the cut-off. Signals below this will be processed. There's a main knob and a knob for fine adjustments. Choose a cut-off steepness between 6 or 12 dB/oct. Total range is: 11.7 Hz to 11.5 KHz.

Width.

Controls the amount of stereo collapsing on signals allowed through the cut-off. Nothing will be wider than original signal. It ranges from normal stereo perspective to complete mono.

Vol.Trim.

Sometimes when collapsing parts of the stereo channels, the volume will be too loud. Use this knob to compensate for that. Ranges from 100% (normal) to 0% (mute).

Monitor.

Basslane features a stereo peak meter, and a handful of monitoring options to ensure you find the best settings. Whatever you choose is routed to both audio output and peak meter.

Bypass: bypass the entire unit.
On: the final output.
Key pre: Listen to what is allowed past the cut-off.
Key post: As above, but after it has been collapsed
Key Diff: This gives you an idea to how much you are affecting your material, by monitoring the difference between input and output.

http://www.otiumfx.com/basslane.php

http://www.otiumfx.com/downloads.php

hope this helps, nova :techno:

nova
21-02-2006, 10:49 AM
ahh nice 1 loopdon, i got that downloaded, i'll giv it a blast :cool:

nova
23-02-2006, 11:41 AM
could it be my soundcard thats stopping fruity from opening c1 mono?????

:eh:

loopdon
23-02-2006, 12:01 PM
when you install waves package you will see loads of plugins in fruity. You have gotta select the plugin from /diectx plugins in the fruity plugins browser. try the normal c1 so to speak, not the one labelled 'mono'.

nova
23-02-2006, 08:08 PM
cheers dude, i can open the c1 and the other c1 compressers just the mono 1s i cant. i think it ask'd me if i wanted to install the directx aswell as the vst and dxi. i think i only ticked the vst & dxi. doh. i uninstalled it. and reinstaled it but it didnt giv me a directx box ta tick this time. if that makes sense dude.

nova
24-02-2006, 12:10 AM
yeah there on the dx plugs list, and normal c1 will open. but mono still wont

nova
02-03-2006, 11:49 AM
acid pro will open c1 mono on the same computer. but fruity still aint. this is bugging me loads

loopdon
02-03-2006, 01:45 PM
i will see into that...

which version are you on 5.2?

nova
02-03-2006, 06:07 PM
nice 1 bro, yeah 5 & 5.2. could it be an enable button or somthing??. setting in fl?? :cool:

danielmarshall
07-03-2006, 11:35 AM
First off FL Studio does support DirectX. You can forget about automation though.

Evil G, DirectX is not going to go anywhere... It's the primary API used in PC games/ multimedia programming, and whilst magor plugin developers are probably going to prefer to support VST2 since it's the main API they're not going to through away the ACID/ Sound Forge etc. camp. Let's not forget that things are still appearing for RTAS, and that's Protools only.

If your host doesn't support VST you can get wrappers that will (at the cost of some CPU cycles) automagically convert a VST to a DirectX plugin, or the other way around.

About time you downloaded the latest copy from ImageLine mate.

nova
07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
god your well clued up. so it supports directx. how do i get mono c1 ta open in fruity. and ive triedthe nu 1 m8. same problem

278d7e64a374de26f==