PDA

View Full Version : There is only one Didi...

phantomdj
20-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has lavished praise on unsung hero and midfield partner Dietmar Hamann, and described him as the man for the big occasion.

Gerrard called Hamann Liverpool's star man during the FA Cup victory over Manchester United at the weekend, and feels he is a vital member of the squad.

"Didi was brilliant at the weekend, but I think he has been brilliant all season for us," enthused the skipper.

"It can be difficult when you're not in the team every week and you're playing bits and piece of games. But he is such a clever player, that's why the manager turns to him.

"You know exactly what you're going to get. His experience means if he is not playing for three or four games, when he comes back into the team he knows exactly what to do and always gives you a big performance.

"He was my man-ofthe-match against United and that shows he's a big game player. This is someone who has played in the World Cup final, remember, and it's important to have someone of his experience around. Speaking personally, I've learnt an awful lot from him over the years.

"It's not just having him in the squad as a player, but he is a great person to have around as well. It's quite a young midfield and every one of us can learn from Didi."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N151519060220-1524.htm

Traxx
20-02-2006, 06:22 PM
He should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Class player.

Esox Lucius
20-02-2006, 06:26 PM
credit where credit is due, he is a good player.

and he says he has the experience.

macca
20-02-2006, 06:28 PM
great player at what he does ;)

Will
20-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Wish Arsenal had him!

Numeric
20-02-2006, 08:29 PM
yeah i said to one of my mates after the game on saturday that i thought Hamann was the key differance between the sides, he was just too strong and experienced for young Fletch and Rich and as a result we had no presence in mid-field whatsoever...

dee
21-02-2006, 12:31 AM
ive always been an admirer , hes german but not the bad kind!! :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==