PDA

View Full Version : Fergie sucks sour grapes

phantomdj
20-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Henry Winter, Daily Telegraph

It was disappointing and surprising to hear Sir Alex Ferguson deride Liverpool's ability to 'play for only five minutes and win the game' when he won a European Cup in 90 seconds.

As the former European champions are too ambitious and proud to take real succour from next Sunday's League Cup, Ferguson must recognise that his last hope of significant silverware this season was shredded by opponents showing more desire and intelligence. Liverpool worked hard for 90 minutes. It was United flickering only in bursts.

The man of the match was Didi Hamann. He strips football down to its bare essentials, winning the ball with precision and determination and laying it off simply, keeping the momentum going, keeping the opposition sweating.

Alex Ferguson

They had one attempt at goal and then the goal, but that's what they're all about because they only need to play for five minutes - that's the way they are now.

They just pump the ball into the box and their set-piece delivery is very good. They keep you under pressure all the time and I think we just didn't have enough height today to cope with that. They depend on keeping a tight ship at the back and they're very difficult to beat.

I think we dominated the game in the second half, but we should have done better in the first half - we showed nothing threatening really.

In the second half, when we got any momentum going they just stopped the game by giving free-kicks away - and that was hard to handle.

Rio Ferdinand dropping out was a blow and then Mikael Silvestre coming off at half time with an injury just furthered that.

Then of course there was Alan's injury and it tells you a lot about the FA Cup. You need that little bit of luck and I think it was against us today.

macca
20-02-2006, 06:11 PM
ha ha what a cock end thats embaressing

Traxx
20-02-2006, 06:13 PM
He's lost it. Shame really he should of bowed out on top a few years back.

basslinejunkie
20-02-2006, 06:14 PM
nobhead isnt he.****in clueless.

Esox Lucius
20-02-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah he's lost it.....

that will be why they are above you in the league then.

phantomdj
20-02-2006, 06:34 PM
that will be why they are above you in the league then.

or to do with our strikeforce letting us down after dominating man utd at old trafford, charlton at the valley, chelsea at stamford bridge, the brummies at anfield and countless other games...

we are 3 points behind them.... we will be above them come the end of the season...

oh and more to the point....

we are in the champions league and the fa cup...

and man utd are left in the so called worthless cup... a cup named as such by the very untied fans on the 90s...

what irony!!!

Esox Lucius
20-02-2006, 06:37 PM
aye don't get me wrong i think some of your performances would have been a lot better if you had a class goal scorer. have to do with crouch & flopientes till next season tho.

i remember someone on here saying flopientes would score more than beattie this season, i doubt it very much somehow.

Traxx
20-02-2006, 06:45 PM
By 3 points...

macca
20-02-2006, 07:01 PM
ill take are position in the league an still being in the champions league an fa cup ;) we all no the mancs would rather be still in both these competitions an 3 points behind there rivals than there situation as it stands ha!

dee
21-02-2006, 12:33 AM
ohh myyyyyy goodddddddddddddddddddddddd, change the fukin record!!!!!!!

andy murry played well didn't he, or were livershite behind his win aswell :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==