PDA

View Full Version : CUBASE SX QUESTION

distek
21-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Rite people heres my problem.... i am wanting to re-formatt the studio computer, (well the partition that my vst folder is in)

The only problem is when i want to re-install all the vst's, their location will have probably changed, so when i got to load up all my tracks, cubase cant find the new location of the vst's?

what i am wanting to find out is, how do i get to tell cubase where the new location of the vst's are? like you can with samples, if you move a specific sample, you will be given the option to re- locate the sample upon loading the track.

i hope ive explained this well enuff, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

;)

rhythmtech
21-02-2006, 12:18 AM
just reinstall them all to c/programfiles/steinberg/vstplugins

thats cubases default plug-in folder

RDR
21-02-2006, 08:48 AM
or if you install them in another location copy the folder to its new location, that usually works, remember you can have a .dll file etc in more than one location as its about the authorisation not the location.

BloodStar
21-02-2006, 08:52 AM
what i am wanting to find out is, how do i get to tell cubase where the new location of the vst's are? like you can with samples, if you move a specific sample, you will be given the option to re- locate the sample upon loading the track.

after you install all the plugs to steinberg/vstplugins, they should be found automatically by Cubase;
If not; go to Options/plugin informations and you can specify a path to your Vst folder.
I tihnk you need to have all the plugs in one place and as i know you cant have them here and there, same as samples. Cubase is always loading all the content of the VST folder you specify in plugin informations. hope this helps:.

distek
23-02-2006, 01:44 AM
i have tried this, but my plug in folder is totally customised, different folders, different names, unless you put all the plug ins back exactly as you had them i.e all the folder names Exacly named the same, same location ect.

H.P.S?
23-02-2006, 05:34 AM
you can select different custom folders you just have to shut down cubase after each time you enter a custom directory

FIK
23-02-2006, 05:02 PM
you can select different custom folders you just have to shut down cubase after each time you enter a custom directory

So that's why it didn't work, cheers for that

278d7e64a374de26f==