PDA

View Full Version : [Newcastle] Hooked presents Cari Lekebusch Friday 24th March

Chris L
22-02-2006, 05:30 PM
We return to the back room of Wax:On at Digital on March 24, positively bursting with excitement as we look forward to welcoming one of the biggest names in techno, Cari Lekebusch.

Cari hails from Stockholm in Sweden and started collecting music in the late 70's and early 80's where he was influenced by the Funk, Hip Hop and Electro sounds of the time. He built his own recording studio in the late 80's and since then has had a prolific output on many labels, not least his own label H Productions (formerly Hybrid Productions) founded in 1986. Releases and remix's have appeared on Drumcode, Truesoul Records, Code Red, Railyard Recordings, Heroes, Corb, Harthouse, FFRR, Jericho, Influence, Tortured, Electrix Records, Primevil, Svek, Planet Rhythm, Tronic Music, MB Electronics, Virgin, Sony Music and End Records to name a few (literally, check his full discography on www.lekebuschmusik.se).

Alongside his production, Cari is also a well respected DJ, with numerous world tours, major club appearances and festivals under his belt. This will be his first UK appearance in around a year and as usual, support comes from
Hooked residents Chris Littlewood and Andy Gordon. In the Main room Wax:On welcome Radio One's Annie Mac and JD Twitch from Optimo with support from Mixmag future heroes People Get Real.

Sign up for free Hooked membership at www.clubhooked.com and recieve upfront news on Hooked events and discount entry to many of our events.

Friday 24 March 2006
10:00pm - 4:00am

Line-up:

Hooked:
Cari Lekebusch (H Productions, www.lekebuschmusik.se)
Chris Littlewood
Andy Gordon

Wax:On:
Annie Mac (Radio 1)
JD Twitch (Optimo)
People Get Real

Price:

£8 b4 11/NUS/Hooked Members, £10 after

Venue:

Digital
Times Square
Centre for Life
NE1 1EP

Info:

www.clubhooked.com
info@clubhooked.com

Links:

www.yourfutureisdigital.com
www.waxonuk.com
www.lekebuschmusik.se
www.disruptivevinyl.com

Wax:On Lineups for March:

FRIDAY 3RD MARCH - WAX:ON AT DIGITAL
Rm 1: FREQ NASTY'S VIDEO NASTY EXPERIENCE / STEREO 8 [FINGERLICKIN] / TC
MONCKTON
Rm 2: PEOPLE GET REAL LIVE

FRIDAY 10TH MARCH - WAX:ON 3D DISCO AT DIGITAL
Rm 1: PENDULUM / KRAFTY KUTS / TC MONCKTON
Rm 2: ROB DA BANK [RADIO 1] / PEOPLE GET REAL

FRIDAY 17TH MARCH - WAX:ON PRESENTS RADIO SOULWAX *
NITE VERSIONS LIVE / 2MANYDJS / WHO MADE WHO LIVE
RITON / PEOPLE GET REAL / OLI PATTEN / TC MONCKTON

[b]FRIDAY 24TH MARCH - WAX:ON AT DIGITAL
Rm 1: ANNIE MAC [RADIO 1] / JD TWITCH [OPTIMO] / PEOPLE GET REAL
Rm 2: HOOKED with CARI LEKEBUSCH / ANDY GORDON / CHRIS LITTLEWOOD

FRIDAY 31ST MARCH - WAX:ON AT DIGITAL
Rm 1: REX THE DOG [KOMPAKT] / RALPH LAWSON'S 20:20 SOUNDSYSTEM LIVE / PEOPLE
GET REAL
Rm 2: ATOMIC HOOLIGAN / OLI PATTEN

WAX:ON EVERY FRIDAY AT DIGITAL NEWCASTLE
DOORS 10PM - 4AM >>> £8 NUS OR BEFORE 11PM / £10 OTHERS * RADIO SOULWAX £16
ADVANCE >>> TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE FROM TICKETWEB
E-MAIL: INFO@WAXONUK.COM FOR Q-JUMPS & GUESTLIST

eyeswithoutaface
22-02-2006, 08:05 PM
quality booking, cant make it up but have a good un chaps

Chris L
22-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Cheers mate :)

Hope maybe some of you can make it up to this, should be pretty special :cheese:

conflict
22-02-2006, 10:10 PM
i'll certainly put it in me diary

Chris L
23-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Nice one :)

T
23-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Nice one going to get msyelf to this...am a londoner suffering culture shock living in the sticks in northumberland so this night should help save my sanity!!!!!! ;)

Chris L
23-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Spot on T,

We do these monthly so there'll be plenty more where this came from :cheese:

See you there!

Jay Pace
24-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Chris - did you ever play at Paste in Durham?

Your name rings a bell...

Chris L
24-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Aye, I did a live set a few years back, spent the whole of my set trying to work out why there was no bass, and then when the dj came on after I'd finished, he just flicked the kill and all was well, although no-one had thought to check that while I was playing :roll: ....Needless to say, I was canny pissed off at the time....these things happen though...

Did/do you live/play in Durham?

Jay Pace
24-02-2006, 11:44 AM
hehehe mate its Jonny, I booked you for that gig.

That was a nightmare with that bass kill. I felt absolutely rotten about that - stupid tascam mixer nobody had used before with a million different parameters and switches, and only one guy knew how it worked.
He whacked the kill on after he finished his set - leaving you to play with no bass.
Apologies once again, these things happen I s'pose. Never making that mistake again though...

Glad to see you've got some serious stuff going on - quality line up you've got there.
Hows the newcastle scene these days?

And if you ever need another dj, would be well up for making a trip up north some time, haven't played up there in ages...

Chris L
24-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Ah...

Wasn't sure, thought it musn't be coz of the name though....

You doing ok mate? Up to much yourself?

Things are ok up here, looking good with the digital thing at the moment, started the night nearly a year ago and it's finally starting to take shape, so hopefully it'll keep getting better. Freaky Dancing is still going too, started moving more towards the breaks side of things, but seems to be doing ok..

Still producing and playing live, but just not that much at the moment, concentrating more on the djing thing when I'm playing out for the minute. Got a live set up for download on the testin out website - www.testinout.co.uk - from back in July if you're interested in checking something recent, was the last live PA I did.... here's the link http://www.testinout.co.uk/MP3/release5/Chris%20Littlewood%20Live.mp3

You ever come back up North?

Will certainly bear you in mind if we ever need anyone, what sort of stuff you playing these days, similar sort of thing?

Hopefully catch up sometime

Take it easy mate

Chris L
04-03-2006, 12:26 PM
If anyone travelling up for this is wanting paying guestlist, either sign up for membership @ www.clubhooked.com - and you'll automatically be added for each event - or just email names info@clubhooked.com :)

278d7e64a374de26f==