PDA

View Full Version : Roland SH-101

tekara
22-02-2006, 09:15 PM
anyone have one of these?

I bought one a year and a half ago and it was basically collecting dust sitting in a shelf in my closet. For some reason i never even bothered playing too much with it because i was so fascinated with the VST's i was using...

well last week i decided to hook it up again, and on top of that, i bought a midi/cv gate converter and triggered the notes from the key editor......holyshit!

What a difference with this midi/cv converter! Anyone else using this synth as well?

The SH-101 by itself can sound pretty dull, but once connected with midi, the doors being to open up.

I cant honestly picture this synth being the centre piece of any studio (unless you only write acid), but its a pretty good addition to the studio.

fresh_an_funky_design
23-02-2006, 01:28 AM
yeah u can get some nice analog noises out of it, good for livening up mainly digital tunes

force
23-02-2006, 03:05 PM
anyone have one of these?

I've got an SH101, its a red one and it cost me £130 from a second hand shop (smug)...i dont think they realised what it was. he he

Tekara, have you tried using the onboard sequencer? Its ****in great and will probably trigger from your midi/cv converter.

Another good bit of fun is taking the output from the rimshot on the 909 and plugging it into the external trigger input on the SH101. Add a rimshot to every beat on a 909 pattern and it will trigger the 101 sequencer.........old school sequencing.

It will also trigger the arppegiator.

so much fun :razz:

278d7e64a374de26f==