PDA

View Full Version : Barada/old Zentz

drift9
22-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Recenlty was listening to some of my old records and picked out a bunch of the Bryan Zentz stuff as Barada. Had forgotten how great some of his productions were (Glue, in particular). To be honest, I slowly lost track of his productions after he left the Barada name behind. Just really didn't sound the same to me (though i'm not exactly expecting him to keep the 303 around). Anyone know if any of his newer stuff is at all like the old Barada stuff?

SlavikSvensk
22-02-2006, 11:50 PM
GLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

i don't care for any of the newer stuff i've heard from him

Alan Oldham
23-02-2006, 01:19 AM
Oh, come on, quit being a jaded techno snob. "D-Clash" was THE record of '03-'04. Massive hit. Also playing "Watch The Sun" on Intec and the double pack he did for Prime a few years back. I recently played his "Bloodloops" EP out in France, he did that one under the name Stare5 in '95 or so. Still holds up nicely. But then again I play a lot of old stuff out these days and it all still works

drift9
23-02-2006, 02:13 AM
Oh, come on, quit being a jaded techno snob. "D-Clash" was THE record of '03-'04. Massive hit. Also playing "Watch The Sun" on Intec and the double pack he did for Prime a few years back. I recently played his "Bloodloops" EP out in France, he did that one under the name Stare5 in '95 or so. Still holds up nicely. But then again I play a lot of old stuff out these days and it all still works

wow. you sure did misunderstand me, huh?

anyhow, you gave me the answers i was looking for in your very own special way. i'll be sure to check some of this stuff out. thanks.

SlavikSvensk
23-02-2006, 09:17 PM

hey now, to each their own ;)

i thought "d-clash" was aiight...a bit too anthemic for my tastes though...

Alan Oldham
23-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Drift, I was talking to Slavik...sorry you misunderstood ;) Just pointing out the man's had some jams since the Barada days

SlavikSvensk
23-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Drift, I was talking to Slavik...sorry you misunderstood ;) Just pointing out the man's had some jams since the Barada days

well, you got my profile right at least...i'm a crotchety old schooler at heart, but i do like some new records...honest. :)

isn't "clear" new again? ;)

seriously, though, i love secret cinema's output over the past few years...and of course all the great records martin is getting out of some of old favorites from back in the day. :cheese:

back to bryan...i think the last thing of his i really caned was the remix of that smith and aviance track on tronic (from 98 or 99)

Adverse
01-06-2006, 07:51 AM
yeah i just randomly remembered that double pack on primate... oh shit that was so good... hand of kali was one track. jeebus.

SlavikSvensk
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
yup yup. some great tunes no doubt. i think i said it earlier but "glue" was a big favorite of mine back in the day

Alan Oldham
04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
yeah i just randomly remembered that double pack on primate... oh shit that was so good... hand of kali was one track. jeebus.

Just played it out over DEMF weekend. Sounds brand new.

Adverse
06-06-2006, 02:35 AM
nice one. YIP YIP YIP. it's one of what i would call my favorites. what's the name of the ep... kingdom of????

Traxx
06-06-2006, 11:58 AM
The selfish.

Adverse
06-06-2006, 10:44 PM
yes. alright.

drum303
07-06-2006, 03:52 AM
I would have to agree with Drift. I kind of lost track of him as well. Most of the tracks on Difinitive were great (Glue, and Gasoline stood out) It just may have come down to "so many tracks, so little time."

278d7e64a374de26f==