PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or.....

The Divide
20-08-2003, 06:04 PM
Has your midi got looser since coming from Cubase 5 to SX??

It definatly has on my set up.. P.C, midi sport USB 2x2 on XP.

I noticed this when i had SX installed on a P.C that was running windows 98, i thought perhaps it had something to do with SX recommended to run on XP. So i upgraded the OS and the same problem was there.

I mentioned it to my mate who uses one of those Korg electribes and he said the same problem was occuring on his. Nowadays I cant make a track with a kickdrum coming from the Akai as it looses synch and even mutes the odd beat then comes back in late, it was realy tight before. Althougth this problem doesnt exist when the Midi is internal and used in rewire, softsynths ect.

Sure i could record it in and quantize, but i would rather have a tight midi setup going. Theres a better quality of sound from the Akai too

I love SX for audio but i do think its shit for midi, they removed mixer maps and midi system exculsive playback and record. Thinking about learning Logic and running that on this pc.

Feel a bit let down to be honest

Perhaps i should have it set to midi clock instead of timecode?

F

RichieV
20-08-2003, 06:25 PM
my latency is outrageous in sx which makes midi suck

Patrick DSP
20-08-2003, 06:29 PM
change your priority from audio to midi in the device settings in sx and you'll be fine

if not...

well i have a motu mtpav midi box for sale

it's super tight midi!!!

The Divide
20-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Yeah my latency seems tight with audio, just the midi. if thats possible.

sure Pat catch me on msn sometime.

gtg

Thanks

Bass Junkie
21-08-2003, 01:08 AM
where you think the problem lies then?

XP? midiman? SX? or sound card?

Its a damn nightmare!!

The Divide
21-08-2003, 01:17 AM
SX I think.

I had both Cubase 5 and SX running on the same P.C, I could layer 2 kicks. One from the P.C and one from the Akai and they would sit together in time. That was on windows 98.

On SX it would move out of synth ever so many beats causing the kicks to phase and sometimes just loose it all together.

It wasnt a huge problem at the time as i was working mainly in the pc. It is now tho, puts me off a lil.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Mind you, i havnt tried what pat said so...

BritishMurderBoy
21-08-2003, 01:20 AM
change your priority from audio to midi in the device settings in sx and you'll be fine

if not...

well i have a motu mtpav midi box for sale

it's super tight midi!!!

you're a right little hardware pusher ent you mate :wink:

Patrick DSP
21-08-2003, 02:01 AM
sort of, i just have a bad habit of buying the latest kit.

Visa loves me by the way.

Adverse
21-08-2003, 06:25 AM
haha that pic.

DJZeMig_L
21-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Nando m8... Do what DSp tolled ya... I think U got it wrong...
device pannel, device setting, vst multitracking, in the asio/ sound card definition click in expert .. now just choose audio priority LOW!!

After midi run everthing back 2 audio, go back and change the priority 2 Very High ! ;)

Also remember 2 put all yer midi parts 2 the top of the arrangement.... the further 2 the top they r the best timming they have... (but this u probably new already)...

Steinberg midi interfaces use LTB which coupe with this a lot better...

I like using the delay setting 4 each part 2 get a really solid timming and some groove going :)

just some thoughs,

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==