21-08-2003, 12:58 AM
seriously

what the **** happened here?!?!?!?!

anx
21-08-2003, 12:59 AM
they used to be pretty good.

Sunil
21-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Beginning to wonder the same myself, excellent producers but the music just ain't good anymore, way too cheesy...originally i thought it was in a taking the piss kind of way but no-one could keep a joke or novelty sound going for that long if they wren't serious. Their stuff on Planet Rhythm, Punish,Wedafuqawi etc. all rocked, compare that to the new Endangered Species, it doesn't have the same balls...anyway i think we've had this conversation before!

anx
21-08-2003, 04:21 AM
well i havnt had this conversation so blah!

wedafaqawi ruled! what happened to it!

Col
21-08-2003, 08:37 AM
i can see what your saying, but i still think there knocking out some good party techno, although i have to admit that some of their recent stuff isnt really down my street.

TripleX
21-08-2003, 12:33 PM
they got way too funky :roll:

anx
21-08-2003, 03:17 PM
hey i play some funky techno and that is not funk it is cheese!

tioneb
21-08-2003, 03:20 PM
i like funky techno and ive never liked any release by iginition technician ... dont mess up funky techno with prime techno please they actually issue few through prime, but that sounds as if =))

TripleX
21-08-2003, 03:34 PM
hey i play some funky techno and that is not funk it is cheese!

good point!
i usually play unky stuff aswell :lol:

tekboi
21-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Its funny because at the time of their "Worq It" release they were hotter than anyone else; now their production is so punchy, no chunkiness at all, and if the funky techno style is what they are into they should at least thicken it up like they use to, to me its more tech house to tell you the truth. Still have respect for them though 8)

Sunil
21-08-2003, 03:44 PM
well i havnt had this conversation so blah!

wedafaqawi ruled! what happened to it!

The last one was ok with the Glenn Wilson mix, "Shark Attack" was the name..

crime
21-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Its funny because at the time of their "Worq It" release they were hotter than anyone else;

yeah, I quite liked that, you've reminded me, I'm going to have to go through the depths of my record collection to find it, couldn't really get with anything else they did... you gotta respect people for doing what they want though, even if it's not your cup of tea i.e. if you don't like it, don't buy the record... The producers obviously like it enough to continue making it, i just think producers always deviate from what they used to make... it's impossible to keep making the same stuff forever, it just gets boring, so it's enevitable that people will either get more experimental or more commercial or both.....

anx
21-08-2003, 05:15 PM
i dunno

just reminds me a bit of what happened to daft punk.

homework was such a killer album. then they went all cheese.

i bet ignition tech is selling more records with their new stuff now.

FORCE 5
22-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Well im gonna have to disagree :oops:

Sure like most artist there will always be an element of shite released..
but in saying that ive found the IGNITION TECHNITIONS production to be just lovely...I have yet to come accross a track of his thats sounds dirty.

Sure his tastes might not tickle everyones fancy,but in my opinion his production is f*ckin marvellous..very clean and punchy in my opinion.

I geuss when you get to the stage of having so many releases,one might start to write the tunes for personall reasons(maybe this is his angle)

admittadly this is not my preffered style of techno...but if it sounds chunky il ussually listen happily..and even buy the odd peice

like i said his tunes arent all A1...but id never knock his production.

EmotionComplex
22-08-2003, 07:13 AM
i had the pleasure of seeing a live 3 hour pa from these guys @ voodoo a couple of years ago now and it was excellent, but i have noticed a decline in the amount of stuff i have liked from them recently, i havent hated anything so far but i aint loved anything either.

The Overfiend
28-08-2003, 06:52 AM
I think I liked the older stuff alot more as well, pounding Grooves 21 was a banger, but they are still very technically skilled, a feat I would like the reach, so whether is techno being banged out or clubby tech house. at least they doing it right.

anx
28-08-2003, 04:47 PM
im pretty sure pounding grooves 21 was by pounding grooves

sounds just like lawries work to me...

The Overfiend
28-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Actually if you check the official discography they did 15, 21 and a couple of others. So..............

278d7e64a374de26f==