PDA

View Full Version : LIVERPOOL BEST TEAM IN PREMIERSHIP

phantomdj
26-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Manchester City visit Anfield on Sunday with their manager Stuart Pearce labelling Liverpool as the best side in the Premiership and the main title contenders to Chelsea.
Pearce is a great admirer of Rafael Benitez and the job he has done at Anfield and believes the Reds will win the Premiership title under the Spaniard.

"Liverpool are Chelsea's biggest rivals now," reasoned Pearce. "In fact, on form, they are currently the best side in the Premiership, and I include Chelsea in that.

"Eighteen months ago, people would have said United and Arsenal were nearest but Liverpool have now catapulted themselves into that category.

"People talk about the standards Liverpool set in the past but they are not too far away from that now. They are the European champions for a start and you can't do much better than that."

The former England hero likes the way Liverpool defend and believes his players can learn a lot from the likes of Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher.

"You have to admire how their back four works together," added Pearce. "I watched the Manchester United game and they were so well organised defensively it was untrue. The tightness of that unit is incredible.

"It would be fantastic to be able to take some of my young defenders to a game at Anfield and show them how the two centre-halves in particular work together. It is a fantastic example for any young player.

"Anfield has traditionally been a difficult ground for anyone to go to, not just us.

"If we did get a result it would galvanise us, give some of the young lads a big lift in confidence and an extra sense of belief about what we have to come.

"There is a good feeling in our squad. We have our tails up a little bit and we are getting one or two of our senior players coming back to full fitness, which will help us.

"Hopefully we can put a decent run together between now and the summer and win as many games as we can."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N151588060226-0854.htm

Numeric
26-02-2006, 09:43 PM
:lol:

Pearce is full of s**t...

They don't call him Psycho for nothing...

phantomdj
26-02-2006, 09:47 PM
well put it this way, any fool knows we are a much better team than worthless cup man utd.....
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Numeric
27-02-2006, 06:51 AM
we'll see come the end of the season...

Esox Lucius
27-02-2006, 07:13 AM
united & chelsea are better teams.

united have the best strike force in the premiership and their defence is class too, wes brown has had a fantastic season, when heinze is back they will be even better, big vidic is looking promising too.

they have lost a lot of their big players and some are getting on now like giggs.

give them a few years and they will be be fully back, rooney & ronaldo will be 2 of the best players in the world.

should never have sold stam or beckham though.

Traxx
27-02-2006, 09:08 AM
There defence is class????

hahaha

Esox Lucius
27-02-2006, 09:22 AM
heinze, neville & ferdinand are all world class defenders.

vidic is already shaping up to be good, wes brown is playing well at the moment and is a class defender, havent seen much from evra yet. the only bad defender i can think of is silvestre, and he didnt play too bad yesterday.

o'shea can play well in defence too.

Traxx
27-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Ferdinand is over rated to ****.

Esox Lucius
27-02-2006, 10:21 AM
he can be a tad lazy now & again but he is one of the best centre backs in the game.

macca
27-02-2006, 11:58 AM
haha how much do u wanna suck the whole manc squad off :lol: heinze, neville only quality defenders ferdinand is the most overated centre half in the premiership shite! uniteds only saving grace this season is the attackers! simply awesome ;)

macca
27-02-2006, 11:59 AM

see what at the end of the season urs is over now

Esox Lucius
27-02-2006, 12:25 PM
i only stick up for the mancs when its kopites who have forgot to take their liverpool goggles off.

macca
27-02-2006, 12:35 PM
i think u should take ye manc tinted x ray goggles off an stop eyein up the whole squad

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aratron
27-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Liverpool did win the European Club. I htink Benitez is a tactical genius. whith Chelsea's money o think they would eb better than Chelsea.
Besides i like Liverpool more than arsenal, chelsea or man utd

phantomdj
27-02-2006, 05:55 PM

where are you in the CL once again???

where are you in the FA cup???

teams playing man utd know they have a good chance of beating you.

as for league position. we have the same points and you fluked FOUR points from us this season as well.

we are a much better team than you. once a clinical striker is bought we will be racing miles ahead of you.

as for chelsea... they are boring, cheating but clinical in their counter-attack finishing which explains why they are a number of points in front of us.

Numeric
27-02-2006, 06:53 PM
yeah we failed in Europe and the FA Cup but we're still second in the League and have a game in hand over your s**te...

there's no point in going on about how many points Utd may have fluked this season, it's all a matter of perspective, if we believed half the s**t you (phantom) post on this board then Liverpool would be best team in the world bar non, and have dominated every fixture they have played this season even the ones they lost...

macca, our season is by no means over, we still have second in the League to play for and in a lot of ways that's a bigger prize than the Carling or FA Cup, sad to say i know but it's the truth...

Downie's words about Utd on this thread are accurate and you Kopites just can't handle it...

phantomdj
27-02-2006, 07:34 PM
what a load of rubbish... i never said we dominated every game, but over the recent past we have done.... you make out im taking about every game this season.

man utd are once again a nobody. your reign is over.

macca
27-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Downie's words about Utd on this thread are accurate and you Kopites just can't handle it...

haha its ironic how many people involved in the game seem have commented about liverpool an united an seem 2 av got it wrong but downie an numeric on blackout audio no what there talkin about u seriously need 2 remove ye manc tinted spec's same as downie with his x ray 1's :lol: :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==