PDA

View Full Version : Glitch 11 - Alex Calver

Aratron
27-02-2006, 04:29 PM
this label is a totally essential purchase for me.
this is much better than Glitch 10
A1 : Charles Manson www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/glitch011_a.mp3

A2 : Jabba The Slut www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/glitch011_a2.mp3

B1 : Psycho Killer www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/glitch011_b.mp3

B2 : Sick Sense www.bangingtunes.com/mp3/glitch011_b2.mp3

B2 is best for me.

Si the Sigh
28-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Deffo better than Glitch #10.

Good value as well what with the trend for 4 track EP's.

log:one
28-02-2006, 09:09 AM
don't get me wrong, i think the guys production is superb, but i think its a real shame he's lost all semblance of funk and groove in favour of schranzy oompah oompah.

Si the Sigh
28-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Agree with you Mr Log, but it does seem that Calver's just heading down the hard route now. A shame, but hey, his productions quality.

fatcollective
28-02-2006, 10:12 AM
ha ha calver's lost the funk....hes now a skin head with a shranz tattoo on his head. great production though, ya cant knock him for that. i will probaby get this record anyway, always nice to finish the set off with a bang!

The Germ
28-02-2006, 10:25 PM
ya alex said the label now will be schranzy

along with getafix records...

we are loosing them!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

conform or reform!

Si the Sigh
01-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Yea, I heard Getafix was heading down that road as well. Shame man, real shame...

The Germ
01-03-2006, 09:04 AM
i suppose it's what selling...

Si the Sigh
01-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Sad really... :(

Athar
01-03-2006, 12:31 PM
:eh:

tOM B
01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Sad really... :(

innit

Aratron
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
i happen to like both kinds . schranz and acid techno. you gotta go with the flow guys. they'res room for both - chin up

rhythmtech
01-03-2006, 08:54 PM
i think this is the route alex wants his music to go in. i dont think its a case of selling out to the european market. just listen to his mixes... they're covered in hard as nailz techno.

dan the acid man
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
cant say im a fan of the oompah heavily distorted sound either

tOM B
01-03-2006, 10:17 PM
i happen to like both kinds . schranz and acid techno. you gotta go with the flow guys. they'res room for both - chin up

i'd rather listen to schranz than cliff richard, just don't fancy playing it

if this is what alex wants to do fair play, i'll still dance to it and have a good time as you say you can't knock his production. i probably won't buy much of it though

Aratron
01-03-2006, 10:25 PM

if this is what alex wants to do fair play, i'll still dance to it and have a good time as you say you can't knock his production. i probably won't buy much of it though

well i dont have the luxury of being a real dj ( one that plays regularly in a club or whateva regularly )
but when i get the chance , im gonna play some of the quality schranz i've got and i think it will go down well with certain crowds. whereas acid techno has a differenbt appeal to a more discerning crowd.

tOM B
02-03-2006, 05:39 PM

well i dont have the luxury of being a real dj ( one that plays regularly in a club or whateva regularly )
but when i get the chance , im gonna play some of the quality schranz i've got and i think it will go down well with certain crowds. whereas acid techno has a differenbt appeal to a more discerning crowd.

am sure it will go down well with the right crowd and in the right place - diversity is is all part of the beauty of life ;)

Spooney
03-03-2006, 12:40 AM
don't get me wrong, i think the guys production is superb, but i think its a real shame he's lost all semblance of funk and groove in favour of schranzy oompah oompah.

:clap: I do miss calver's shake your ass funk n groove. Im pretty amazed at how quickly his style has changed to!...Not feeling Glitch 11 at all, thought 10 was better.

278d7e64a374de26f==