PDA

View Full Version : Dodgyedgy - Deeper Than Thou..

RDR
27-02-2006, 06:59 PM
http://www.theinspectors.co.uk/distek.mp3

Constructive feedback please.

BTW its all live sequenced and is pre-logic production... so ...

Thanks Peepz!

RDR
27-02-2006, 07:00 PM
It be a slow moving basic channel type vibe too, so give it a bit... its for the head, not the feet.

loopdon
28-02-2006, 08:47 AM
sweet production - nice tune :)

RDR
28-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Thank you LoopDon...

Any criticisms?

rhythmtech
28-02-2006, 12:20 PM
very nice chilled sounds. i dont really know much about this style or the production tecgniques behind it so i wont criticise.

but thanks for sharing it, i really enjoyed the listen and will definitly go back to this one.

nova
28-02-2006, 11:51 PM
productions sounding fat m8. my m8 whould luv this. sort of thing he whould play out. more on the house side of things. filling that fat bassline dodgy. synths are sounding pretty nice aswell man. clear fat production. im liking it dodgy :cool:

fresh_an_funky_design
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
nice tune, could do with a bit more variation in the percussion

dirty_bass
01-03-2006, 02:25 AM
Liking this.
As you said it`s pre logic so there`s stuff to do production wise.
I`d say this is a little bit too cold and crisp for this style of techno.
Basic channel stuff just drips and oozes lush, warm sexy analogness.
This feels a bit to digital and clean cut.
I`d say you could get more phatness into the kick, the bass could maybe be saturated a tad, just the tiniest bit of valve distortion.
Same for the main synth, get it as phat as phatman fatty fat pie.
Chorus, more polyphony maybe. Or double it up, or take the chord and copy it and drop it an octave under the original, so you double the notes.
Make it drip, there`s plenty of room.
Maybe get some nice luch verb with a flange on it sitting under that high hat too.

Fill the mix with sexy oozy warmth.
then repost it please, cos I`d love to hear a warmer version of this.

RDR
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the tips peepz! Cheers steve, you've given me a lot to think about there.

Percussion defo needs more, im still debating what to put in...

Fattness is always nice, no where did i put that vintage warmer?.....

Will repost when done.

TechMouse
01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Quite enjoyed this D. Not my usual thing, but definite listenability.

ampassasinbirmingham
01-03-2006, 05:34 PM
really likie this. only listening through my computer speakers but sounds very claen and crisp. i like that a lot but as Db said, could maybe do with some extra warmth thown in.

Mindful
01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Like this mate, sounds great.
Need to listen when i get home in my cosy room with a cuppa.

xfive
03-03-2006, 01:00 AM
Nice vibe to this, I agree with DB's comments.. just warm it up a bit.

Mindful
03-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Man this is very nice, enjoyed it loads.
Love the main synth and the groove and vibe.
Would like to hear this after you have a play with the production.

danielmarshall
19-03-2006, 01:22 AM
Oooh I really like that modulated attack on that swooshy synth. This is one of those tracks that just keeps on steadily evolving. This'll be good to chuck into my MP3 player (when I find the stupid thing) and go for a walk in an industrial area.

Mr.Rogers
20-03-2006, 09:13 AM
love'n it...smooooooth track for sure, i wouldn't mind hear'n a few more percs possibly but just own opinion, nice track

robin m
21-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Mmmmmm... nice. Very classy stuff. Not my kind of style really as a rule but I really enjoyed it all which must be a good sign!

Production comments have been said before by that lot ^^ already and more eloquently, but anyways: I think the kick & hats sound a bit dry against the rest of the tune - the bassline sounds very good though and to my ears the main silky synth line is spot on. A bit more variation in the percussion couldn't hurt, but don't overdo it & lose the progressive feel. It ends a bit more suddenly than I was expecting too, but that's a minor point.

Overall very very good stuff indeed :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==