PDA

View Full Version : recording from mixer to laptop

imported_sicknote
28-02-2006, 08:44 PM
i need help connecting my decks through the mixer into me laptop.

normally on a pc you can go straight into the sound card but my laptop doesnt have that...erm...i dont think so anyway.

before i used a phono/jack plug to put it straight from the record input on the mixer into the mic input and record using soundforge but even then i had to adjust the record level on the mixer
now i have a newer mixer with no record volume level onnit so when i set it up it is far too loud to record (distorts)

all i wanna do is record me mixes onto the lappy and put em on cd or over the net or somink.

any ideas?

ive heard about somink you can get which does the jack into usb and do it that way...can i use somink other than soundforge? or am i just not doing it right and im a complete monkey?

imported_sicknote
06-03-2006, 12:23 PM
good input people...

well done :lol:

dan the acid man
06-03-2006, 09:04 PM
have you got an input on your soundcard (will have a symbol with an arrow going in next to it) usually blue aswell, try using that.
also, adjust the recording level with windows by clicking on the speaker icon, then select recording, make sure line in and mic is ticked, then adjust the fader.

also, you can adjust the input in soundforge

imported_sicknote
08-03-2006, 02:52 PM
yeah ive tried adjusting the peak level on soundforge but even at its lowest its still abit dodgy. apparently i can get an external soundcard because i dont have an actual input for the card (business based laptop metinks)

didnt tink about the actual level of windows so i'll try that and get a happy medium until i get a soundcard or somink.

cheers dan :toast:

DJsmallpaul
20-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I had the same problem till i got an amp with an adjustable record volume, the only way i managed to not have the mix to loud was to turnm all the levels down on the mixer.

278d7e64a374de26f==