PDA

View Full Version : making sounds from sratch

nova
28-02-2006, 10:04 PM
hi,

been tring ta make are own sounds on a virus b, with the start patch. we know a little. but this was mainly on reason. and the access virus is a massive synth. if anyones got any tips that whould be wikked. also any pdf's on programing sounds on virus b. i think theres 1 for c.

cheers

nova
28-02-2006, 11:58 PM
theres always the random sound generater on virus. get out of using the presets kind of thing. but we want ta get right into programing are own..

loopdon
01-03-2006, 12:15 AM
here homie!

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=03Z8TC1JQXUBJ2Z467AVH77FQ1

downloaded it from the access website for ye. and everyone else.
it's about programming analogue synths in general + virus.

:)

danielmarshall
01-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Analyse what goes into professionaly built sounds, but don't fall into the trap I did initially of just trying to modify them. Good starting point once you know what you're doing, but it's a stumbling block in the beginning because you miss the point of the learning excersise.

Anwyay start with a competely clean slate and aim at doing REALLY simple stuff first. Set yourself goals of increasing complexity, and KEEP AT IT until you get that goal right. If you give up and load a preset beacuse you're frustrated that you can't make something decent you'll never learn. Patch authoring is as much a part of electronic composition as is sequencing. I'm still learning, and yes it's damn frustrating sometimes, but it's a great feeling to have a track with patches and samples that you've created completely by yourself. Not that anybody else would care :P

nova
01-03-2006, 08:57 AM
here homie!

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=03Z8TC1JQXUBJ2Z467AVH77FQ1

downloaded it from the access website for ye. and everyone else.
it's about programming analogue synths in general + virus.

:)

wikked homie, i'll get that downloaded right now, safe! :cool:

nova
01-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Analyse what goes into professionaly built sounds, but don't fall into the trap I did initially of just trying to modify them. Good starting point once you know what you're doing, but it's a stumbling block in the beginning because you miss the point of the learning excersise.

Anwyay start with a competely clean slate and aim at doing REALLY simple stuff first. Set yourself goals of increasing complexity, and KEEP AT IT until you get that goal right. If you give up and load a preset beacuse you're frustrated that you can't make something decent you'll never learn. Patch authoring is as much a part of electronic composition as is sequencing. I'm still learning, and yes it's damn frustrating sometimes, but it's a great feeling to have a track with patches and samples that you've created completely by yourself. Not that anybody else would care :P

totaly man, cheers for your input. yeah we hav been starting with the basic's. but like ya said its easy ta turn back to the presets. we keeping onit tho.

cheers man

278d7e64a374de26f==