PDA

View Full Version : BloodStar-some moody tech track

BloodStar
01-03-2006, 10:50 AM
hi,

i couldnt finish any older tracks, so i start on something new.. kinda moody funky tech track.. maybe will need to work little more on some groove bass or something like that.. any pointers would be appreciated...

TRACK (http://www.bloodstar.info/downloads/BS_Aquadreaming192.mp3)

Mindful
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
DL now and will listen at home mate

dirty_bass
02-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Production levels on this are great.
nice use of stereo field, solid percussion, big kick.
Like the big orchestra hit.
The holst sample is a little out of time, and is the later classical sample.
It all gets a little too off the beat in places.
Nice ideas in this but they don`t seem to blend together.
The initial groove and the big orchestra stabs begin to set up something epic, and clubby, and I think maybe going back and building on this would be cool, as the tune seems to get lost without direction.
Although I love the Mars God of War music, it`s too loose (timing wise) to work.
Maybe try recreating the God of War melody with something like Edirol orchestral, as you can then make it fit.

xfive
03-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah interesting tune... I think the idea of recreating the melody with a synth would definitely help.

Mindful
03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Aggreed the production is super tight and punchy.
I thought maybe the sample was supposed to be out of time (it zoned me out big time)
I did feel the track lacked direction to be honest mate but loved the idea behind it.

Mr.Rogers
07-03-2006, 07:46 AM
i love it man...don't think it needs any synths....its a nice percussive deep techno and the sfx keep it going along great i think. It sounded like a few timing issues also, but if that being deliberate its good to produce outside the box.
nice tight mastering...also enjoyed the way the song evolves by the end of the production.....great for when djs want to go into something more funky perhaps...nice track!

BloodStar
07-03-2006, 08:41 AM
thanx for your comments, guys. you all were mostly right on that long sample and its timing. yeah, it's little out of place, and probably should be solved,.
even that sample was supposed to be tad out of time, it doesnt sound the best on some places, so will need to be fixed. i started to work on this track again and did some more changes and add some more lowend action. willl post soon, cheers..

278d7e64a374de26f==