PDA

View Full Version : ACID SCHRANZ: Your thoughts...

Si the Sigh
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
ACID SCHRANZ...

It's all I seem to hear people into acid techno talking about. This is the next big thing and this is the route people want to music to move down say the fanboys.

Whats your thoughts on this?

At the moment, music coming from acid techno labels or labels associated with acid techno are getting harder and harder. More hard techno / schranz artists are releasing tracks on these labels and even the UK artists are producing harder tracks to seemingly rival the Europeans sound.

So, is this the route you as an acid techno lover thought the music was going to go down? Is it even heading that way or is this a load of bollocks?

Whats the future for acid techno?

Lets have a masturbate, I mean mass debate on the acid schranz topic.

GO! :cheese:

Si the Sigh
02-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Got to add, the whole techno scene seems to be going the minimal or harder route to me. There seems to be very little in the way of middle ground at the moment.

christian wagner
02-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I agree wioth you there Si, i think some more harder & darker stuff is OK, but only if its done well, theres loads of Shranz stuf fout there that is so badly produced, lets face it - not hard to bit crush of distort the **** out of everything :lol:

fatcollective
02-03-2006, 10:50 AM
i thoiught Rowland the Bastard's tracks on the new Bio and Infected were pretty acid shranz!

Aratron
02-03-2006, 12:19 PM
the whole scene seems to be dying on its back imo.
No routemasters for ages , few sufs, no pounding grooves.
Skankadelic and powertools are only labels im into that i think are acid techno.
and they are both getting better and better.
i think that the germans etc have already nailed the schranz sound.
but i dont mind acid techno as a whole getting harder.
tho i agree with fatcollective the rtb on infected is pretty acid schranz - no other way to put it really.
and i like it - a lot

MARK NEENAN
02-03-2006, 12:20 PM
If they are acid schranz then i like it! Not into all this white label schranz turd that's about at the mo though!

Si the Sigh
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Neither am I man. Those bootlegs suck ass.

matthies
02-03-2006, 01:36 PM
i'll say two words .... f**k schranz ;) too much commerce for me (too many vixa riders like it, and also it has no sense for me.. i mean typical german schranz. u know .. kshkshshshshhskhskhshshkss boom boom boom boom kshskhkhshshshkshkhskskhs..no f***in idea! and no trip ;) ), and rtb relases are more hard acid as for me than acid schranz , but they are very good :> aratron said skankadelic and powertools are still holding acid in up .... i would add here wahwah music as well ^^
"Whats the future for acid techno? " ... not good imo... as u said artists are releasing harder and harder trakcs... they kill acid !! :( maybe after XX years it will born again, more powerfully, more exciting more... etc etc ... i hope so! this is my dream to get on f***in good acid techno trip when i will be 60 ^^ hahah

cheers 4 all \o

Si the Sigh
02-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Green...hurting eyes... :hammered:

tOM B
02-03-2006, 05:35 PM
bring back the funk.............

Patrick DSP
02-03-2006, 05:36 PM
i'll say two words .... f**k schranz ;) ... ...i mean typical german schranz. u know .. kshkshshshshhskhskhshshkss boom boom boom boom kshskhkhshshshkshkhskskhs..no f***in idea! and no trip ;) ),

i would agree.

dan the acid man
02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
yeah i agree also, im not into heavily over compressed oompah music (copyright of dirtybass i think that saying) with huge ammounts of distortion and big empty spaces in the eq of the track, its just not for me.
but i do like some hard techno, stuff like dsp's tracks, the new betamax the dj preach hydraulix release was pretty hard and brutal.
nothing beats hearing some funky stuff then going into the harder ones like this, but not feeling schranz at all

matthies
03-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Green...hurting eyes... :hammered:

sorry... but i like green ;) i hope it's able to use to it ^^

Aratron
03-03-2006, 08:55 AM
im not suggesting that all schranz is good . most is bollox. some is fun tho. in fact some is ****ing amazing. who cares

Ginjin
04-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I must be getting old because I just dont dig too much of this shranz hoo-har. I think to save money if I ever want to jump on the distorted bandwagon I will run my decks through some of my old distortion pedals.
I have some nasty pedals from my days way back when I was playing in bands.

davethedrummer
05-03-2006, 12:17 AM
acid what?

i guess the music has got harder here and there
but wouldn't say its a trend
cluster has been pretty tough of late
personally its just a bit too " angry young man " for me
and as you know i'm not that young, and i'm not angry
which leaves the " man " bit , and i think i've got that one covered
so ....

glad we straightened that out.

dubs
05-03-2006, 03:40 AM
acid S#!T. Lacks any real creativity. No interest at all.

FUSION
05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
andreas kremer defo knows his away round a 303, out of junkfood ep being the best example. not heard anyone else go down this route really though, wouldnt put the infected and bio releases in this catagory. I have noticed julian libererator especially trying to break into the euro market on artilary (crap tune mind). ultimatly I think acid techno is/has dying/ died a slow nasty to watch death. people like the F.A.T collective and Hydraulix label are the future of the london style sound

MrAcid
08-03-2006, 01:21 AM
NAAAAA PLEASE
SCRHANZ IS THE BIGGEST SHIT ON TECHNO...

leave our acid without this stuff...please...

leave us alone...hahahaha

is not music...just ****ing weird noises

TeTe303
08-03-2006, 03:39 AM
NAAAAA PLEASE
SCRHANZ IS THE BIGGEST SHIT ON TECHNO...

leave our acid without this stuff...please...

leave us alone...hahahaha

is not music...just **** weird noises

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sacredcow
08-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Too much schranz hatred around here. I mean it's not all good, but it's pretty stupid to just hate all of it. As for acid schranz, ancronix' new track on protocast 004 seems to come close to the mark. http://www.ancronix.com/audio/prot04.mp3

278d7e64a374de26f==