PDA

View Full Version : melodic techno

oldbugger
03-03-2006, 05:16 PM
is there a serious lack of this shit or what?

i'm not talking airy fairy tech trance or anything like that (not slagging tech trance). i'm talking straight up loopy tough techno but with a melodic loop as the hook.

a bit like technasia - acid storm. i'm not aware of much of this stuff at all but can anyone give examples or more stuff like that?

theres a reason to this. and i'll tell you if i get a responce ;)

audioinjection
03-03-2006, 05:19 PM
www.kanzleramt.com

anx
03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
stuff like Ignacio - Virton....thats what i think when i think of good melodic techno...

oldbugger
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
stuff like Ignacio - Virton....thats what i think when i think of good melodic techno...

aye.. thats deffinatly along the right lines.

clip here is anyone wants to hear it http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF78335-01-01-01.mp3

a little trancey though..

please keep em coming
cheers folks ;)

audioinjection
03-03-2006, 06:17 PM
alexander kowalski, diego, joris voorn, vince watson, some paul mac stuff, ray kajioka, fabrice lig, g-man

i think thats melodic techno

oldbugger
03-03-2006, 06:30 PM
alexander kowalski, diego, joris voorn, vince watson, some paul mac stuff, ray kajioka, fabrice lig, g-man

i think thats melodic techno

yeah so do i.

ok..i think im best explaining what i'm after.

anyone ever tried playing techno after a psy trance set? :paranoid:

seriously, its near on impossible, whatever you do its only going to bring it down. that shit is just so 'avvin it' and it shoves out so much energy its untrue (and shit :lol: ) playing harder is not the way ( i have tried)

i have been racking my tiny brain trying to think of techno that is full of energy and pretty melodic to try and ween these bloody crusties of that fodder they dance to. so far i have been thinking acid storm, thats about it :lol:

hope that explains a bit better.

basically looking for peak time techno that has melodies that they might actually have an interest in. surely theres a lot more stuff out there that fills this huge gap?

SlavikSvensk
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
check out dust science records...loads of good melodic stuff there

audioinjection
03-03-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah, definitely check the stuff from Diego on Kanzleramt, very melodic and somewhat trancy

koma
03-03-2006, 06:38 PM
anyone ever tried playing techno after a psy trance set? :paranoid:

no, but I did party with schranz, psy tech and drum 'n bass on the same floor.. one after another... :eyes: :lol: :lol:

it came up great :cheese:

marginmaster
03-03-2006, 06:40 PM
ban the psy trance :lol:

oldbugger
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM
ban the psy trance :lol:

dont worry mate. i think were finally getting there.
the main one who plays psy actually said to me last weekend " i might **** all this psy trance off and concentrate more on techno"

as you can imagine i threw a party to celebrate coz i have tried my hardest to keep the crusty music away. (si. i hope you read this :razz: :lol: )

but even so.. i'd still like to explore this more melodic scene i cant seem to find. ;)

thanks for the tips guys...keep em coming.

Stella Boy
03-03-2006, 06:56 PM
drop some maurizio then when they've left in their vw beetle vans bang on some diego or heil :cheese:

ds2
03-03-2006, 07:19 PM
drop this then bang it:: http://www.discogs.com/release/56868

worked for me a few years back in sheffield although 2 know it all students thought i was playing daft punk. muppets.

weird night that. had a gay stalker all night who wouldn't leave me alone. :oops:

Stella Boy
03-03-2006, 07:26 PM
/\

is that the night you fell out of the dj booth ?

Honeey
03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
These are just a few of my fav tracks from when I played more melodic techno sets.....a little older but still kicking serious ass!

CHRISTIAN SMITH & JOHN SELWAY – Reflective Mode
HARDCELL AND JOHAN BATCO - Create and Distort part 2
NICO AWTSVENTIN - Push
TONY THOMAS - Destiny
MHONOLINK - Echoes

stefano1981
03-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Kanzleramt as has been mentioned. Check out Donnacha Costello and David Donohoe on Minimise as well.

Davin
03-03-2006, 10:22 PM
[quote="audioinjection"]alexander kowalski, diego, joris voorn, vince watson, some paul mac stuff, ray kajioka, fabrice lig, g-man

I was gonna throw out a few of these exact names for you aswell :eh: , maybe try some ken ishii, and some old funk d'void stuff!!!

stjohn
03-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Kanzleramt as has been mentioned. Check out Donnacha Costello and David Donohoe on Minimise as well.

ah howya stefano......... didnt see you there! :)

Jay Pace
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Pretty much everything by steve rachmad
Loads of stuff from robert hood
Most of joris voorn

278d7e64a374de26f==