PDA

View Full Version : cocoon - sven vath...

Paul Nisbet
22-08-2003, 09:03 AM
wats all your opinions on this guy... i went too his night in ibiza at amnesia and had a rite old good nite, probs me best on the island....

just how overated is ibiza.... ****in loads i tell you.

Esox Lucius
22-08-2003, 09:08 AM
I went to cocoon in 2000, sven vath was rubbish... I wouldn't go back to ibiza again.

Analbumcover
22-08-2003, 09:53 AM
I've never really been impressed with Sven Vath, but I did enjoy Cocoon. Good crowd, as it was mainly europeans there to listen to pounding techno, rather than a club full of brits out "avin it large in ibeeefa".

Paul Nisbet
24-08-2003, 01:49 PM
I've never really been impressed with Sven Vath, but I did enjoy Cocoon. Good crowd, as it was mainly europeans there to listen to pounding techno, rather than a club full of brits out "avin it large in ibeeefa".

yeah that was more my point mate tbh...

lot of detail u went into downwards...

its not all down too the dj... i seen ritchie hawtin and sven, and they were both good i thought, not amazin, not crap. The crowd was intense, europeans who seem too understand that, when a club is full, there is no need too get reekin drunk, and swing ur elbows about goin "oi oi". When there is little enough room too pull your arm out and touch your nose.

Honest, very friendly and intimate vibe. Not too mention both djs hammering it out.

Amnesia is also an amazing club... ibiza wasnt for me tho.... is the same as any other brit destination spanish holiday camp, except with some spectraculer clubs. Really got quite annoyed about goin too every bar/Resteraunt... and watching only fools and horses, with a pint of carling and a cheeseburger, lmao.

The place has been destroyed.

Angrymann
25-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Ibiza is shite Paul eh?? I went a few years back and couldn't understand what everyone was going on about. I did find a couple of nice bars but the rest of the place was a ****ing hole and was full of the usual mix of minging slags and shirts and shoes blokes.

Glad you enjoyed yourself though mate.

Paul Nisbet
25-08-2003, 04:45 PM
aye, it is over rated big time... like u said, full of pissed up brits causein havoc everywhere.

Altough thats not too take anything away from some of the clubs there, which really are something else. Just a shame they are full of shit promoters.

Angrymann
25-08-2003, 04:49 PM
They are smart as hell aren't they , just a bit on the big side for Techno. Not that techno's not big before anyone jumps in here , but Techno's better in small venues in my opinion.

zaalmoetlos
25-08-2003, 05:04 PM
i'm no big fan of vath,

he plays ten minute tracks and makes quick mixes at the end of the tracks, after a couple of minutes i want to hear another track and it allways takes sooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooong before he mixes that i just get anoyed with the music (atleast the 15 or more times i've heard him play) and his music lacks warmth but the sets are usually filled with enough different types of music though

Bughead
26-08-2003, 01:48 PM
The best time I sae him play was in Homelands 2000 or 2001 ( really bad memory) where he levelled the place. There was a river in the middle of the tent and everything it rained that hard.

Paul Nisbet
27-08-2003, 01:08 PM
He was alrite to be fair @ amnesia... had me goin for a bit anyway...

have heard a lot worse...

TripleX
27-08-2003, 01:34 PM
he plays ten minute tracks and makes quick mixes at the end of the tracks, after a couple of minutes i want to hear another track

word, i don´t like him aswell cause of that and he plays cheesy stuff all the time

wenna
27-08-2003, 01:36 PM
was he wearing a wetsuit? i heeard that he dj's whilst wearing a wetsuit?

TripleX
27-08-2003, 04:00 PM
he has always worn somrthing different when i´ve seen him...
never deen him in wetsuit though,
maybe he was too ****ed to hold his beer und silt it over his suit :lol:

Swain
03-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Sven has always been one of my favs, plays a great blend of music, knows how to lay out his sets, great over 4 hours, thing is that some people hear an hour of it and think it's not for them.

Sven, keep playing that dirty Techno, we love it.

278d7e64a374de26f==