PDA

View Full Version : help with getting my midi keyboard and controller working

techno_smack
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
hello, i just got my evolution uc-33 and my mk-240c back of my mate. Im just trying to add them to my reason control surfaces but not having any luck. I have used them both b4 no problems.

any1 know anything i could try to get them to work , or be detected on reason when i scan for surfaces?

im thinking it may be something to do with the usb inputs? is there anyway to refresh them or anyhting?

the devices are both connected via usb, but on the reason add devices thing it says select which midi input?

any suggestions for things to try would be most appreciated.

thanks very much

stjohn
04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
could be a load of things..... are the drivers installed ok? maybe if you have a usb PCI card, the card itself is loose.

you should see if the usb ports are working by pulling out any connections and putting a usb key in, or anything usb for that matter

techno_smack
09-03-2006, 07:59 PM
yeah windows detects both the keyboard and controller when i plug them in , but i cant seem to get reason or anything else to auto detect the devices???? any ideas?

rounser
09-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Windows doesn't automatically install any MIDI controller I've come across (although it might detect it and name it correctly), so I assume you've manually installed the drivers? Go to the evolution site and get them and follow the instructions if you haven't.

alsynthe
09-03-2006, 10:13 PM
evolution are plug n play windows does detect them

techno_smack
09-03-2006, 10:58 PM
yes i know that but i cant get any of the music programs to detect them, it should give my the option of usb music device or something in reason and other stuff to select the controller , does anyone know how i can reinstall the drivers?

techno_smack
09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
i read on the site that the stuff does work with the generic windows drivers for usb, i did look for specific evolution drivers but couldnt get anything

alsynthe
09-03-2006, 11:17 PM
ableton should auto detect them. try googling for the evolution drivers,or find the disks!!!

techno_smack
11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
the evolution site comes up with a load of crap stuff that windowsn wont even open, and they didnt even come with disks in the first place ?? im trying to update drivers n stuff , they work find on my laptop

rounser
11-03-2006, 04:42 PM
evolution are plug n play windows does detect them
Not the MK249C I have it doesn't.

Or, more accurately, it'll detect it, but it won't work until you install the driver yourself.

techno_smack
11-03-2006, 06:09 PM
well have had it working before , and i didnt have to install anything, the was with win xp im beginning to think it could be something to do with the usb hubs or something, when i plug in the keyboard soemtime its shows mk249c connected at the bottom sometimes not but it alwasy shows in devices as composite device and says working properyly, its really pissing me off as it works fine with my laptop and another pc? what do i do???? please help any1 know how i reinstall the usb drivers or know where the evo drivers or any updates for xp are?

278d7e64a374de26f==