PDA

View Full Version : Quick question...

Si the Sigh
22-08-2003, 10:51 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was talking to Henry (DAVE the Drummer) at Hindsight and asked him why it was that most people were into punk or heavy rock before they found acid techno? I know Chris Liberator was proper punk, and Guy McAffer & Henry used to be in a band, and loads of people I know who are into the UK techno scene used to be death metal heads! :lol: Just out of interest, who out of you London / acid techno lovers used to be into punk / rock? I love my London / acid techno and I used to listen to some proper nasty heavy thrash shit! Just wondered if anyone else did? :P

Esox Lucius
22-08-2003, 10:55 AM
I have always liked a bit of punk, not really into rock music though.

healium
22-08-2003, 01:45 PM
My way to Techno

Heavy Metal -----> The Prodigy -----> ACID TECHNO

½Healium

DJ Corbzy
22-08-2003, 02:00 PM
glmaour rock/punk/new age punk > hard house > trance and techno

dan the acid man
22-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Hard Rock(guns n roses e.t.c)- Spiritualized, The verve- Acid Techno :D

Analbumcover
22-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Punk ---> Ministry ---> Techno

Small Paul
22-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Yep, me too, in fact I still have my embarrasing 80s metal tattoos! It sort of went, Slayer -----> Faith No More & Primus etc ----> Chem Bros & Prodigy ----> TECHNO! Still listen to rock/metal occasionally.

Francisco Scaramanga
22-08-2003, 03:48 PM
I was always into classic good ol rock n roll, and still very much am, in fact I listen to it as much as I do techno. Not so much the thrash stuff, but bands like The Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Creedence, etc, still make up the bulk of my music collection. I did get into some heavier business like Ministry and White Zombie and I was a big NIN fan, and the act that made the dance/rock crossover for me was the Lords of Acid - anyone remember these? Very old school rave, very cheesy, but also very bangin, and with a fair few bits of metal guitar thrown in the mix, which is what grabbed my attention.

AUYA
22-08-2003, 04:07 PM
i still listen to sepultura, metallica, biohazard, pennywise, ac/dc, guns n roses, etc....i love music

Chris Hare
22-08-2003, 06:00 PM
si i used to listen to nofx,pennywise,nin,korn all sorts of punky rocky guitar thrashin mania :D ... to be honest i love all music including jazz and classical(seriously)... i reckon if mozart was still alive he be right up for making the fatest trance on the planet...he`d be teeming up with andreas kramer before you could say "swarzepuppen piano symphany in b-flat"... teehee :wink:

Jimfish
22-08-2003, 06:39 PM
i wuz never a rock guy, but then i was never an acid techno guy, so maybe there is somthing in it...

I remember back in the day when all the rock kids at school used to pick on me for listening to me old grooverider tapes etc. Now EVERY SINGLE ONE OF EM is out raving every weekend.. haha bunch of cunts

Cat
22-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Yeah I was waaaaay into punk - I used to play in punk bands. My journey to techno came about through the FP scene, used to play now and then on the 'travellers stage' at outdoor parties, then I remember Mutant Dance kicked off and were doing the circuit at the same time so I started getting into that. That's kinda how I got here!

Carl
24-08-2003, 09:18 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/trance69/kezoblio_3097113.jpg

Si the Sigh
26-08-2003, 08:04 AM
So punk / rock does seem to lead to Acid Techno...How strange?!?! :shock: :P

spiralx
28-08-2003, 11:58 AM
My way to Techno

Heavy Metal -----> The Prodigy -----> ACID TECHNO

Yeah pretty much. Went from death and black metal (Deicide, At the Gates, Satyricon, Emporer), found the Prodigy and then as soon as I'd heard techno I loved it.

But yeah it does seem like we've all come the same way which is odd!

Actually thinking about it I think it's a love of extreme and hard music which is the common factor... the more pounding the music is then the more I tend to like it :D

Si the Sigh
28-08-2003, 03:46 PM
http://www.yatoula.com/gif/smiley_2/smiley_797.gif ROCK ON ACID TECHNO LOVERS! [/img]

Mawby
28-08-2003, 03:54 PM
I like most Genres of music and rock been one of them :lol:

Tobe Cypher23
28-08-2003, 04:46 PM
I was into Nirvana, New Model Army, Belly, DK's and then went to my first Detroit Techno night called Vibe Tribe in '94....then I got into Happy Hardcore through Donnie Warehouse and went to this regularily along with the Orbit.

Moved to Manchester where there was a thriving techno and acid techno scene and relgiously went to Herbal Tea Party (RIP) and saw the likes of Luke Slater, Carl Cox, Gayle San etc one the best techno nights I've been to ever!! Then went to the 3rd Havok and didn't miss one for a year. (I failed Uni that year...hehe)

278d7e64a374de26f==