PDA

View Full Version : Where to...for acid techno.

dubs
08-03-2006, 06:12 AM
I guess acid techno as a genre barely exists outside of some parts of England.

Has it run its' course? Is that such a bad thing?

If the style has a future what elements need to be added or relinquished?

Are there just a few die hards left or is there an underground where you live?

I still buy and play some acid and get a good response when i do.

How about you guys?

Si the Sigh
08-03-2006, 07:48 AM
I think hard house is better.

xes
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't think it needs changing,but them I'm a 303 freak. I'd like to hear some harder acid,bit faster,more squelchy and a bit more nasty. Maybe one day I'll start making it to my taste.

i think that's what more people need to do,make music that they want to hear,then we'd get a nice big mix of different styles of acid,which could all be slung together.

So,how hard is it to make acid techno,I've never made music before, but it's been an abition of mine.

imported_sicknote
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
ive tried before and it didnt go too well,

i was on pants software and not on a devilfish or anything.

ive had a 505 but that was useless for proper acid....for a start it wasnt even analogue...its just a matter of stringing the right lines together though to get the right sound and to get used to the equipment. once you got used to the devilfish i can imagine it getting easier...to the point where its almost an extension of what the idea in your head was in the first place.

anyway i wouldnt mind hearing more darker, squelchier acid again, in the style of the acid on **** goa, detox, underground sound etc.....its not as blatent as most tunes , lower in tone makin it darker and ...erm...squelchier...if there is such a word...

dan the acid man
08-03-2006, 12:13 PM
anybody can make music, but it takes time and dedication to become better and start making good music, especially technical wise.

imported_sicknote
08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
definatly....i class my tunes as 'ideas' :lol:

not even worthy of being called tunes....

they're far from being finished, i need to be more dedicated really

Aratron
08-03-2006, 02:50 PM
definatly....i class my tunes as 'ideas' :lol:

not even worthy of being called tunes....

they're far from being finished, i need to be more dedicated really

i bet they're really good mate ;)
anyone who has ever met me on a night out, knows how much im into my acid techno.
i want a spot djing somewhere - someone plerase give me a chance :pray:

imported_sicknote
09-03-2006, 10:35 AM
yeah i wouldnt mind that...

ive started on squats and free parties though.....you mess up and most are to munted to care anyway... :lol:

nihilist
12-03-2006, 08:15 PM
ive found when ever i play acid tunes the crowd really like it but for some reason it allways stays underground and generally passes most poeple buy.

as the future--- you just gotta keep pushing it!

rhythmtech
12-03-2006, 08:22 PM
acid will always have a place... its just people playin full on acid sets that may kill it. techno is all about textures and beats, so 3 full on acid tracks in a set is nice... but a whole set full is just one sound... there are millions of "techno" sounds out there.

Aratron
12-03-2006, 09:03 PM
acid will always have a place... its just people playin full on acid sets that may kill it. techno is all about textures and beats, so 3 full on acid tracks in a set is nice... but a whole set full is just one sound... there are millions of "techno" sounds out there.

nice one. nicely put.

278d7e64a374de26f==