PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Out Arsenal In!!!

french_og
08-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Good performance by Arsenal, should of won the game on the night, Madrid looked ordinary.

Only seen highlights of Liverpool but looked like Benfica had lots of chances as well as liverpool.

Numeric
09-03-2006, 06:48 AM
:lol:

How's it goin Kopites?

From lookin at the stats it does seem as though Liverpool did dominate possesion and edge chances, but, as we've all said before, it's goals that matter, and Benfica scored three (over two legs), while Liverpool could not manage a solitary one...

Gutted Arse made it through, but they wont last much longer surely...

Esox Lucius
09-03-2006, 06:51 AM
i don't like giving the arse praise, but credit where credit is due and all that :cool:

haha thank god in just over 2 months time the shite can no longer say "we are the champions of europe" when they can not think of anythin else to say.

Esox Lucius
09-03-2006, 06:54 AM
also as i said the other week, where are the kopites when they lose?

especially phantom 'sam dingle' dj and macca the spaz

dee
09-03-2006, 12:26 PM
i remember someone saying they were gonna thrash benfica :roll:

ohhh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

naaa, well done the arse , one english club had to go through!!!

Traxx
09-03-2006, 12:59 PM
It was a real shame last night. We should of buried them in the opening 30 mins, could of been 3/4-0 up if it wasnt for the post & our strikers bein shite. They were one of the poorest teams weve played in the knockouts of that comp. Gotta question rafa last night playin morientes for so long. He is the biggest waste of space goin at the minute, may as well be playin with 10 men with him on the pitch & the same goes for garcia. Moores needs to dip inot his pockets or **** off in the summer coz we need a large sum of money the make the top half of our team as good as those behind them. It pisses me off that rafa is saying today he cant blame his strikers it was bad defending at fault. If your ****in strikers had took there chances in the opening 30 mins we'd be in the next round by now. One ****in goal between the 3 of them since christmas its a ****in disgrace.

macca
09-03-2006, 01:13 PM

im here mr syndrome whos always away when everton r on a slump :roll: typical of liverpool dominating posession had clear cut chances but didnt score, but whats new :roll: the most disapointing thing was we went out to a mediocre side like benfica an the fact that we didnt deserve 2 go through :(

basslinejunkie
09-03-2006, 01:16 PM
same old.slaughterd them,but our strikers r turd.

Esox Lucius
09-03-2006, 01:25 PM

im here mr syndrome whos always away when everton r on a slump :roll: typical of liverpool dominating posession had clear cut chances but didnt score, but whats new :roll: the most disapointing thing was we went out to a mediocre side like benfica an the fact that we didnt deserve 2 go through :(

eh? i think you are getting me confused for a kopite, i post whether we win or lose.

see loads of kopites want rafa to sign arteta!! was in the echo last night, keep your hands off.

DJsmallpaul
09-03-2006, 01:25 PM
The ref was awful for the Liverpool game

macca
09-03-2006, 01:42 PM

eh? i think you are getting me confused for a kopite, i post whether we win or lose.

see loads of kopites want rafa to sign arteta!! was in the echo last night, keep your hands off.

arteta thats laughable decent player that is all :lol: :lol: :lol: an im sure u do post especially when u went throught the slump at the start of the season :roll: anyway this is gettin gay already xxx

Traxx
09-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Do you fuk post win lose or draw downie. The ref was garbage smallpaul.

Traxx
09-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Good luck to arsenal i hope they go onto win it.

phantomdj
09-03-2006, 05:53 PM

screw you pal... it's been ages since i came online anyway ... it's got nothing to do with the fact we lost. i've been busy at work, gym and so forth....

'especially'....

what you on? in the past i always replied the day we lost

Traxx
09-03-2006, 06:26 PM
He's on fergies dick thats what he's on.

djfase
09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
So much for the best league in the world huh?

Exciting maybe but nowhere near the best.

Technically we have been out done and its about time this shit that the english prem is the best is put to bed.

Italy and spain is where its at.

Oh and portugal :lol:

phantomdj
09-03-2006, 06:36 PM
barca are an exceptional team... so it's not demeaning for chelsea to lose to them because barca are in a league of their own anyway...

liverpool could quite easily have thrashed benfica if the strikes went in the back of the net rather than wide and post/cross bar...

arsenal did well. they thrive against teams who play like real. was impressed with their movement....

so your analysis of the premiership is very wrong....

DJsmallpaul
09-03-2006, 07:24 PM
So much for the best league in the world huh?

Exciting maybe but nowhere near the best.

Technically we have been out done and its about time this shit that the english prem is the best is put to bed.

Italy and spain is where its at.

Oh and portugal :lol:

Italy ? your kidding right ? also the spanish leauge has only been quality for the last 3 years or so.

Best leauge in the world....

90-94 Italy
94-02 England
02- present Spain

Esox Lucius
09-03-2006, 08:07 PM

screw you pal... it's been ages since i came online anyway ... it's got nothing to do with the fact we lost. i've been busy at work, gym and so forth....

'especially'....

what you on? in the past i always replied the day we lost

wind them up and watch them go...

Esox Lucius
09-03-2006, 08:07 PM
italian footy pisses on spanish footy, well better league.

french_og
09-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I watch a lot of Spanish football and take out Barcelona, valencia and Real and maybe Villareal the football is nothing special. It is a lot slower than the premiership and the players have so much time on the ball compared to the Premiership - Even Nunez the Liverpool reject look half decent in La Liga.

It just luck of the draw, if Chelsea had not of drawn barca they probably would still be in the competition.

macca
09-03-2006, 11:47 PM
italian footy pisses on spanish footy, well better league.

italian football is boring as **** no way is it better than la liga

Will
10-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Who do you reckon's the best team for Arsenal to draw then? I'm glad the likes of Chelsea, Rangers and Bayern went out, I'd rather play teams who try and play football like Real! I think the teams I'd least like to draw are Barca, Milan and Juve (mainly because they have Vieira now) though there's probably no easy games now, Benfica have seen off 2 english teams already and Lyon have done well and Houllier knows Arsenal pretty well.

Watching Barca the other day, I was a bit surprised, their football didn't seem anything special really, but they seemed to defend better than expected... It was a shame Messi went off early, I wanted to see what he could do, but he didn't look that good from what I saw.

Part of me hopes we draw another big team, like Barca, that the players will be well up for and we'll no doubt be made underdogs again in most peoples eyes... I mean they didn't seem as good as I was expecting, though they didn't need to chase the game of course.

Will
10-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh, and how anonymous was Lampard? 2nd best player in the world my arse... Kinda seems like you need a Ronaldinho or Henry to make the difference this year...

french_og
10-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Will, it is difficult for Lampard to make a difference in that game, Joe Cole, Robben and Duff were playing in the midfield which is unusual for Chelsea as they usually only play the 2 attacking options. It left Lampard with more sitting responsibilities and with Barcalona keeping the ball so well it was difficult for him to make a impact on that game.

Lampard has been one of the most consistent players in the Premiership and for England over the last 2 years and his goal tally is 2nd to none for a midfielder. Of course Ronaldinhio and Henry are exceptional talents but are totally different players to Lampard.

I think Morinhio made mistake with that team the other night, should stick with what works, coud not believe he never brought on Wright Phillips either and brought Huth on Up front.

Will
10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Nah, I don't buy that, they usually have Makele sitting in front of the dfence to let the rest get on with it and Makele was playing and they had to go for it at the end and he still did nothing. I don't think he's played well once in a big game has he? Being consistent is one thing, but Henry's pretty consistent and he's fired us to victory against numerous european giants too.

I'm sure there's many great players who can produce the goods when it matters and rarely have an off day. Big games are the stage for the truly great players to show how good they really are, being consistent against the rabble isn't so hard really.

french_og
10-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Rabble?? i'd love to see you go out there and play against them. Chelsea usually have both Makele and Essien sitting and Lampard is further forward.

All you talk about is Henry this and Henry that, yes he is amazing complete footballer but get out his arse for ****s sake.

macca
10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
lampard is a decent player but is he **** 2nd best player in the world had a bad game against chelsea an hasnt been playing well since be 4 xmas imo he was awesome then gutted i didnt take him out me fantasy football team new hed have a bit of a bad spell

macca
10-03-2006, 11:23 PM
haha i meant against barcelona

Will
11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Rabble?? i'd love to see you go out there and play against them. Chelsea usually have both Makele and Essien sitting and Lampard is further forward.

All you talk about is Henry this and Henry that, yes he is amazing complete footballer but get out his arse for ****s sake.

The majority of the teams he plays against lack any real quality, they are rabble compared to the likes of Barcelona with no real technical ability or skill to speak of. Essien plays a similar role to Lampard most of the time, they play one holding midfielder, usually Makele, or Essien if Makele's not playing, but they quite often play Gudjohnson alongside Lampard and he's a forward really!

They didn't have Essien last season and they haven't changed their system since he arrived. I don't think Mourinho's so stupid to effectively play the player he hailed the best in the world out of position, especially since he was being so anonymous and they have other players who could do that.

It's just the Chelsea-Barca hype machine that means turds like Drogba can be voted 6th best in the world or something stupid and no-one else gets a look in.

french_og
11-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Yes but the Euro player of the year which Lampard got voted 2nd in is voted by players, players who play against him week after week and know how good he is. He has scored 14 Premiership goals this season and lots of assists, he has even scored 10 goals for England already which shows he does it in big games.

278d7e64a374de26f==