PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss - Path of least resisstance - Hard 4x4

dirty_bass
09-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Workin on stuff for my PA, just putting together loops and segueways and I kinda like the journey this took, so worked it into a tune.
Kinda loopy, but with random factors.

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~dirtybass/Voidloss%20-%20Path%20of%20least%20resistance.mp3

xfive
10-03-2006, 12:55 AM
This is nice man.. chugs right along but has creepy, quirky synth work on top. Works quite well :toast:

rhythmtech
10-03-2006, 12:15 PM
yeah i really like this. definitly my fave "voidless" so far. has a kinda pgv feel to it in the weird scratchy synths. the atmosphere is quite dark and suits the tune. my only gripe would be with a lack of edits but thats not what voidless is about really so its kind of a blunt arguement. good work.

Aratron
10-03-2006, 09:24 PM
:dance:

this is amazing where can i buy this from then.
i have some Dirty Bass Recordings - i think yours heads big enuff already - without me saying i think your stfuu is out of this world. :love:

dirty_bass
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Don`t worry, I`m humble to the point of stupidity, I pretty much hate everything I do, so there`s little chance of big headedness.

The New DirtyBass Records is out in promo form very soon, and hopfeully in the shops in about a month to 6 weeks.
Previews are here
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=566468#56 6468

Cheers mate.

Yes, this track is a little loopy in the bottom end, but there is randomness in the synths and stuff, so I wanted to keep the bottom end tough and relentless.
I`m gonna send this along with a few more tracks to a certian hard, minimal label.

Aratron
10-03-2006, 09:41 PM
i think there can be benefits and dangers in being too harsh a critic of yourself.
i have recorded over amazing mixes i have done in the past in a fit of insecurity.
look forward to getting that then - last DB record i got was totally different to anything else i have got - loads of thought has gone into it. i think your pretty underground really.

Mindful
10-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Love the vibe and the synths are doing some great work.
Think your productions usualy better (or maybe louder)but I guess you just havent got to that stage yet.
Anyway love the track realy quite rocking but still very much cerebal(not sure ive spelt that correctley).
Love the edits by the way remind me of the ones in your Hardsignal track.

Good man

dirty_bass
10-03-2006, 10:49 PM
i think there can be benefits and dangers in being too harsh a critic of yourself.
i have recorded over amazing mixes i have done in the past in a fit of insecurity.
look forward to getting that then - last DB record i got was totally different to anything else i have got - loads of thought has gone into it. i think your pretty underground really.

Too underground in some ways mate.
Doing your won thing too much can isolate you, and I`ve suffered from this, being the stubborn **** that I am.

Aratron
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM

Too underground in some ways mate.
Doing your won thing too much can isolate you, and I`ve suffered from this, being the stubborn **** that I am.

well at least you dont have to rely upon producing records to make a living. so i think that gives you leverage to be even more creative. Some things take time.
Would you really want to be remixing Madonna records?

dirty_bass
11-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I`d like to do a really ****ed up doom and gloom kill yourself remix of madonna.
It would be great fun.
But I see what you mean.

Aratron
11-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Your pretty much into dark music, you ever been into much death metal ?
i used to be well into that. i just like music that makes your hair stand on end with excitement. wether that be fear, ecstasy , whatever.

dirty_bass
11-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Never dug death metal. Didn`t find it dark, it was just aggressive with little expression.
I was into TG, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, NIN, Download, Young Gods, Recoil etc.
Plus some grunge, depeche mde.

force
11-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm goin to see Nitzer Ebb in july!!!

First saw them in chelmsford 20 yrs ago. Programming the SH101 in between tracks!!!!!

dirty_bass
11-03-2006, 06:50 PM
haha
I`m going to see ministry in august.

The one and only true maverick. Alain Jourgenson.

Aratron
11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Yah i like Depeche mode a lot, a friend of mine was into Skinny Puppy Diamanda Galas and stuff - too much for me im afraid.

bayley
12-03-2006, 04:40 AM
this track is beautifully hypnotic... chuggs along like a dream!! the kick drum really jumps out... fair play man... im interested in hearing more of ur material.... lush percussion, and everything sits snug in the mix.... pm me if ya got ne more tunes i can hear!!! nice 1 bro!!!

BloodStar
13-03-2006, 10:53 AM
quite like this one. massive botoom end and some nice lushy percs,. nice hypnotic feel altogether.. like the random synths,. and that bleepy thing is also sweet. production part of thing is nice and cant comment on it. just one thing i spotted and doesnt sound too good to me is the kick in after that offbeat kick break. it kicks in on different place that i would expect,. and as i tried to beatmatch it with some another track, it kicks in out of sync.. check it.. cheers mate..

dirty_bass
13-03-2006, 01:05 PM
It`s not actually out of sync at a..
It still runs within the same 4x4 as the rest of the tune, but sounds out, due to the last 4 phrases before the change having been shifted on beat earlier per phrase.
Any good DJ should just ignor this and let it run, it is in time.

BloodStar
14-03-2006, 09:16 AM
yeah, out of place, not out of sync. u know my english, hehe. good tune, anyway.

278d7e64a374de26f==