PDA

View Full Version : The South West finally catching up.

matt303
24-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Well it's about bloody time! At last it seems like the dominance of Hard Trance/Hardstyle in the south west is coming to an end and people are realising that techno is the only way forward. And instead of clearing the floor, techno dj's are finally getting the respect they deserve and the clubs are going off all night.

We've had the excellent Hindsight in Exmouth with London's finest, Drummer played an awesome set at the Grove in Seaton, Patrick's night in weymouth is bringing the more intelligent sound in and we've got a Wilson live pa and a festival in devon coming up this weekend.

We've been waiting a long time for this but it finally seems to be happening...bring it on :D

DJ Corbzy
25-08-2003, 12:14 AM
At last it seems like the dominance of Hard Trance/Hardstyle in the south west is coming to an end and people are realising that techno is the only way forward.

God what are you like Clacher you Techno purist... :roll:

djfase
25-08-2003, 04:50 PM
I wouldnt use the techno purist term on here corbz

DJ Corbzy
25-08-2003, 05:11 PM
why not....TECHNO PURIST! :lol:

Carl
25-08-2003, 05:18 PM
:lol:

djfase
25-08-2003, 10:38 PM
why not....TECHNO PURIST! :lol:

Bastard :lol:

DJ Corbzy
26-08-2003, 12:09 AM
TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST, TECHNO PURIST,

:lol: :D

djfase
26-08-2003, 12:26 AM
M8 aint you got nothing better to do :lol:

DJ Corbzy
26-08-2003, 12:36 AM
not at the moment, actually... :lol:

djfase
26-08-2003, 12:40 AM
oh, ok then :lol:

Si the Sigh
26-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Well said Matt! Techno does seem the obvious way to go...Lets hope promoters down here in the South West keep on booking the DJ's. :thumbs up:

baptismo
26-08-2003, 10:34 AM
At last it seems like the dominance of Hard Trance/Hardstyle in the south west is coming to an end and people are realising that techno is the only way forward.

WTF?!?!? Well snobby thing to say matt... and you know it.

Techno is not THE ONLY way forward... why cant everyone just support dance music as a whole?? and im sorry but it does only seem to be the people who are into techno who think that it is the only way forward... Im begining to really love all styles, each for its different elements... techno being a main player i agree... but i think that many styles, not just techno can take this scene forward...

Paul Nisbet
26-08-2003, 11:05 AM

Techno is not THE ONLY way forward... why cant everyone just support dance music as a whole?? and im sorry but it does only seem to be the people who are into techno who think that it is the only way forward... Im begining to really love all styles, each for its different elements... techno being a main player i agree... but i think that many styles, not just techno can take this scene forward...

i agree with jon here big time, wats this all about?

Angrymann
26-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Just the boy expressing his opinion , wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't think it's only techno folk that think their music is the only way forward , everyone that is wholly (is that even a word) into ONE scene will think their style of music is the best. It's a bit closed off and biased but aren't all opinions slightly biased in the end.

****, I have been smoking too much grass recently I am trying to be all diplomatic and "peace man" like. Oh well here's a few nasty faces too :evil: :twisted: :evil:

DJ Corbzy
26-08-2003, 04:09 PM

Well said the Boicey...I enjoy my techno when I'm out but trance and techno will always correspond together..

crime
26-08-2003, 04:37 PM
3 step death skiffle, that's where it's at, when are you going to learn.....

DJ Corbzy
26-08-2003, 04:38 PM
eh? :?

matt303
26-08-2003, 06:34 PM
I mean in pushing the stagnant dance music scene forward in the south west, i think it's good that promoters are tasking risks putting on a techno night, and i'm even happier to see it going off all and everyone enjoying themsleves...i'm not saying to scrap all hard trance events, i'm just happy that techno is getting a look in and that there's more choice and everyone's happy.

matt...the non purist.

crime
26-08-2003, 07:52 PM

See, I'm well ahead of all of you... :wink:

log:one
26-08-2003, 08:41 PM
right, im pulling my diplomatic hat firmly over my ears for this one

much as i love/loved hard trance, you must agree that the scene hasnt really progressed over the last year, infact if anything (in the south west at least) its merely gone into overdrive, with loads of small promoters putting nights on at the same times as others, and all djs playing more or less (i said more or less!!!) the same tunes... dont get me wrong, i love a good rave to some hard trance, but i really cant remember the last time i had a really good rave to hard trance! meanwhile the last techno night i went to (hindsight in exmouth) i danced all night and and then carried on at the beach party...

also me and matt were discussing this and another thing we hit upon was the mixing... there are very few hard trance/ hardstyle djs who DONT just do the "swap the basslines - WAH WAH WAH" mix pretty much every tune... with techno djs, in general, you get a much longer, much more interesting mix...

everyone who knows me know i live for trance, but i happen to think there's more interesting stuff being made at the lighter end of the spectrum... certainly these days, in contrast to the country club days, a melody moves me more than a bassline. im waffling. my bad.

CHRISSI
26-08-2003, 11:14 PM
whatever happens, we move on.

we live the memories, and we move on.

i can see totally what you're saying matt.. techno is creating a HUGE buzz in the SW at the mo. all i can say is i hope it continues.

Si the Sigh
27-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Sounds of the South West techno takin' over! :P

baptismo
27-08-2003, 05:33 PM
I mean in pushing the stagnant dance music scene forward in the south west, i think it's good that promoters are tasking risks putting on a techno night, and i'm even happier to see it going off all and everyone enjoying themsleves...i'm not saying to scrap all hard trance events, i'm just happy that techno is getting a look in and that there's more choice and everyone's happy.

matt...the non purist.

Well said matt, sorry for misinterpreting your first post buddy ;) :D (you know i love you!!) I just though you were putting across the message that trance/hard trance no longer could take the scene forward down here in ye'ol S/W cunt'ree... and in some respects i agree because hard trance scene is a bit stagnant and does need something fresh... but i believe the melody still has a lot to offer ravers and clubs :)

Analbumcover
27-08-2003, 05:40 PM

See, I'm well ahead of all of you... :wink:

Perhaps you need to go and educate the SW massive.

crime
27-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, strangely enough I will be in the area fairly soon.....

Esox Lucius
27-08-2003, 09:15 PM
good to see all them country folk getting some good techno at last :lol:

Paul Nisbet
27-08-2003, 09:31 PM
a good mix of both is tetleys personally.... best of both worlds... and every scene has its moments of not doin much, swings and round - abouts and all that.

DJ Corbzy
28-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Well, strangely enough I will be in the area fairly soon.....

You already gave Weymouth a good show of hard techno :D :D

Where you moving to aswell mate? You'll have some wikked locals to work with down here... 8)

crime
28-08-2003, 12:57 AM
Yeah, looking forward to scaring the locals!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==