PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Draw

french_og
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
ARSENAL v Juventus

Lyon v AC Milan

Inter Milan or Ajax v Villarreal

Benfica v Barcelona

Quite fancy Arsenal to progress for some reason.

macca
10-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Lyon v AC Milan best tie of that round 4 me will be watching that game ;)

Esox Lucius
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
weird i posted in here before and now it's gone :paranoid:

french_og
10-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I will probably watch Barca as there is not one English player left in the competition.

Esox Lucius
10-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I fancy barca to win, would like to see them or inter win it.

wouldnt write arsenal or ac off though, and lyon could suprise a few people!

Esox Lucius
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
juve have got a good chance too.

Esox Lucius
10-03-2006, 02:12 PM
although i have a weird feeling that arsenal might do them.

djfase
10-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Im glad about the draw. Altho id luck to see the arse do well as they are an english team, i dont want to in another way cos theres no english players.

I can now only see a barca v juve final.

The attcking flair v the italian defence.

What a game that will be

Will
10-03-2006, 07:08 PM
If it wasn't for the fact they have Vieira I'd be very confident of winning! The man marking system can't cope with players with pace like Henry and we have pace pretty much throughout the side, should be interesting, butr I'm still fairly confident, as long as Vieira doesn't play like he did against Liverpool in the cup final, though we lost that game of course and he's older now.

I reckon if we see off Juve we'll have a great chance of reaching the final though, could be us v Barca in the final! Or AC Milan again, I reckon Barca could come unstuck against a team like that...

I think it's a bit unfair criticing Arsenal over the lack of English players, if Campbell and Cole are fit they play, certainly Cole who's probably the best left back in the world for me. And I daresay Walcott will get his debut once we've got him on a professional contract. And I mean it's not like we've suddenly ditched our English players now we've started doing well in europe, we had less English players at the start of the season than we did now so it's a bit late to start coming out with that shit just because our first team regulars are injured.

There's still 3 or 4 English players in the CL playing for us, not totally sure if Gilbert's registered for the CL or not, but it's better us having 3 class English players bolstered by the likes of Henry than having a load of duffers who are no use to anyone and a liability to us and England if they did play.

Has any English player been on the winning side in Madrid, apart from Walcott technically? How many English players are left in the CL? Only the ones who play for us! Maybe that should tell you something, ie most of them are overpriced and overrated.

Traxx
10-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Pity none played for you startin 11.

french_og
10-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Got to get Ashley Cole back playing, I agree he is won of the best left backs in the world but means nothing in the injury room, like Woodgate, probably Englands best centre back but never plays more than 3 games before getting injured so he is no good for anyone.

phantomdj
11-03-2006, 05:42 AM
arsenal to win....

the way juve plays suits arsenal to the ground... arsenal feel they have more to prove than juve (like liverpool last season)...

arsenal dont have anything to fear in all the last teams. they can undo them all if concentrationm is kept in all games and of course you need a slice of luck.

good luck to them. hope they do it...

Will
11-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Cheers mate, let's hope so!

278d7e64a374de26f==