PDA

View Full Version : MIXER vestax pcv275 & kaos pad 2 OR djm600 HELP ME

karl54
24-08-2003, 05:11 PM
right then im thinking of getting a VESTAX PCV275 & a KAOS PAD 2.

i reacon ill be able to get both for about £475 / £500.

My reason for buying Vestax is the build quality. BEAST.. plus its got a scrach fader in it...

as much as i love the DJM600 ive heard to meny bad storys about it.
Like the EFX unit braking on it & EQ's f**king up...

where as you never hear any bad storys about Vestax mixers.

so for £500 i can get x2 items or for £600 i can get one mixer with all the EFX built in...

is it worth spending the extra £100 to get the DJM600... i want a mixer that is gonna last me..

EmotionComplex
24-08-2003, 10:03 PM
djm range are rugged as f**k!!!

seeing as they have been installed in many clubs i thin kthats proof enough of there duribility, i have the 500 and everythings workin as well as it was when i got it like a year and a half ago.

as for the kaos pad, not sure of how much an improvement the kaos 2 is but my mate had the kaos 1 and it wasnt very impressive, built like a toy, effects wernt that great, and i prefer the calibration of knobs as aposed to usin your finger, the pad isnt too strong eiuther, can seeing it wearing away after 6-8 months good use and thats bound to affect its performance seeing as it sends the control data.

demo the 600, demo the kaos pad2

DJZeMig_L
27-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Vestax better sound but not so practical 2 use with efects as 600... but KP" as some cool features that 600 doesn't have...

all in all the safer thing is probably the 600, also this is like pointed out what u'll find in loads of clubs so u'll feel right at home... almost eheheh

Z

Analbumcover
01-09-2003, 12:50 AM

I could recount bad stories about Vestax mixers all day if you want.

I've only ever used one vestax mixer that worked 100% (a 05). All the others have been lousy. Where vestax get their so called reputation for build quality from god only knows.

DJ Corbzy
01-09-2003, 12:52 AM
DJM600, falls closely behind the A&H X:one64 as my fave mixer...

get it mate...

gumpy green
02-10-2003, 12:24 PM
right then im thinking of getting a VESTAX PCV275 & a KAOS PAD 2.

i reacon ill be able to get both for about £475 / £500.

My reason for buying Vestax is the build quality. BEAST.. plus its got a scrach fader in it...

as much as i love the DJM600 ive heard to meny bad storys about it.
Like the EFX unit braking on it & EQ's f**king up...

so for £500 i can get x2 items or for £600 i can get one mixer with all the EFX built in...

is it worth spending the extra £100 to get the DJM600... i want a mixer that is gonna last me..

NA MAN GET THE VESTAX PMCO5 AND KAOSS PAD2. I use the Pmc07 with kaoss pad and it is a hell of a lot better than the djm..IMO.....Much more effects and a mixer that ya can REALLY cain and the faders dont start bleedin on ya......
Plus you can control yor effects with much more detail.....eg-the effects arent locked to the bpm so you can say filter it down slow then ramp back up fast.
The vestax skatch mixers really are the muts nuts for fast kutting etc.
Check my mixes for a mix used with this setup- freesekno one, bored mix or sekonz150903 all use it.
And ive been using my 07 for years and never had any probs with it and i CAIN the fuker to death-see http://www.sekonz.co.uk/videos/sekonzskqwatch.WMV for sum cutting. Thers no way a djm could take 1 month of cutting like that b4 faders bleed. ....also i take it to gigs, free partys and its still running fine...Some of the other vestax mixers are shit but the skratch series are VERY good....thats why the best dj in the world use em-qbert etc.....Ther ya have it-Get the VESTAX PMC05 and Kaoss pad from www.sapphire.co.uk will prob cost you about 270(mixer) + 270 (Kaoss pad)= cheeper than a djm(i think)..

gumpy green
02-10-2003, 12:25 PM
forgot to add that the sound qaulity of the vestax is very very good too....plus the faders are all VCA which eliminates any crackling.

278d7e64a374de26f==