PDA

View Full Version : recording help...

anx
24-08-2003, 11:53 PM
here's my situation

im trying to record a demo

the same way i have recorded many demo's

from my mixer, to my pc which uses a soundblaster audigy.

if i play the record and it runs through my pc into my pc speakers, the quality sounds fine, nothing is altered.

but when i record, and play it back it sounds all muffled, like there is a pillow on the speakers or something.

i've tried everything, downloaded new drivers, played with all the settings (i think all of them) and it all sounds the same.

i assume its a settings problem, because it sounds ok coming into my computer, just sounds bad once recorded.

help?

anx
24-08-2003, 11:56 PM
maybe its a soundforge 6 problem?

acidhead
25-08-2003, 01:20 AM
is it a mixer prob ? plug your phones or monitors into your outs that are going to the pc and see if the fault is the mixer or the pc.

if its the mixer - has it got group outs , have you routed to a different buss and got the eq weird on the buss

in soundforge are u using the propper soundcard drivers or are u using the emulated ones ? if its the emulated drivers are u sharing it with another app?

have u got a webcam or mic plugged in that soundforge could be recording from , ie - your hearing it ok thru the speakers from the mixer - but is that sound going into a usb cam mic and recording from that etc.

have you played your music really loud and blew your ear drums up ?
when was the last time u stuck cotten wool proddy thingies in your ear? :D

hope tjis helps . if not try reinstalling soundforge

anx
25-08-2003, 05:32 AM
i figured it out.

i got cubase and recorded it threw that and it sounds fine

so its a soundforge problem then thank god

278d7e64a374de26f==