PDA

View Full Version : samples not playing in ableton

wibapotomous
13-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi guys, was wondering if anybody could shed a litlle light with a problem ive been having with ableton live 5.

The problem ive been having is that some cips in a live set, that appear to be playing in the clip view, do not always produce audio. They sometimes, when triggered, pause for several seconds before starting to play audio. Sometimes they fail to produce any audio at all.

This problem seems to happen after ive been working on a set for a while, and when i delete the clip that is having the problem, and create the clip again, the problem seems to go away. I also find that there are often other clips, referenced to the same samples as the ones having the probems, that work absolutely fine. Other clips in the same scene as the 'problem' clips, also play seamlessly.

I have tried playing the clips in ram mode, increasing the output buffer size in the audio preferences, and have generaly tried to reduce the load on cpu by running as few programs on my compute as possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great

tonyc2002
03-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Sounds like a latency/soundcard problem mate. When i was using Live 4 on my PC's built in soundcard it would max out, crash unexpectedly, and generally not work the way it shoud. Buying an EMU 1820 solved all my problems :cheese:

findthesolution
03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
this is one of the many Live 5 bugs...hopefully the 5.2 update will sort that out for you.

278d7e64a374de26f==