PDA

View Full Version : New mixer - advice please!

robin m
14-03-2006, 02:45 PM
A penny for your thoughts BOA...

I'm looking to get a new mixer as my first and only to date has pretty well died, it was a shit cheap gemini effort that felt like something from toys'r'us from the start and never treated the sound all that nicely.

I'm not looking to spend too much as, well, I'm pretty broke - I'm looking at £200-£300 though I'd probably go as far as £350 if someone had a good sales pitch.

Functionality-wise I'm not looking for anything spectacular, I'd quite like some envelope filters but I'm not too fussed and I'm not bothered about anything that I'm not going to find on anyone else's mixer when I play somewhere. I'm more bothered about dong the basic things right and reasonable durability.

I haven't done much research yet but Sapphires have got the Vestax PCV-275 on offer at £200, has anyone got an opinion about this?

Any advice appreciated - cheers ;)

dan the acid man
14-03-2006, 04:20 PM
thats the only vestax mixer i'd have. probably their best one imo, also have a look at the ecler mixers

alsynthe
14-03-2006, 04:30 PM
can get a djm500 for #300 on ebay elcers are very good quality

robin m
16-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Cheers for the advice peeps, but I've gone with a secondhand Allen & Heath Xone32 from ebay instead! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Decided to go for the inbuilt filters in the end - hopefully should do the trick... hopefully I'll not end up kicking myself too hard ;)

dtl
28-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I have just bought a Ecler Nuo 5 on ebay, they normally go at aronud £350 - £ 400, as not many people go for them. Saying that, it knocks DJM off the chart purely for its Midi output and adjustable effects.

278d7e64a374de26f==