PDA

View Full Version : ableton help.

oldbugger
15-03-2006, 10:35 PM
i'm probarbly being really thick here but...

is there an easy way of saving a loop out of a tune you have playing in live?

once i have a clip looped i want to save that loop to use later but still keep my original clip (a tune) too.

or do i have to edit in soundforge/wavelab or something.. surely theres a simple way..

force
15-03-2006, 11:17 PM
just render the loop you have playing. just set the number of bars you want

oldbugger
16-03-2006, 07:40 AM
thanks force

..will have a good mess later on..when i tried that though it seems to record from the begining of the track rather than the loop i have playing.

mattboyslim
16-03-2006, 10:34 PM
if you've got loop points set and go to render to disk it will, or should, render that loop. if you;ve got a loop playing i can;t understand why it would render from the beginning

djshiva
18-03-2006, 07:36 AM
are you wanting a whole other file of the loop? or do you just want the loop to play in a song or a set also?

if you just want to be able to play the song AND the loop, all you have to do is copy the clip and paste into another box. set the loop points, and the start and stop points as the loop and it will play only as a loop. that way you have the song and the selected loop, but both will play from the original file, that way you don't clutter your harddrive with more wavs than you need.

if you want to render it, you should be able to hit CTRL+SHIFT+R and set the loop points for rendering in the render dialogue box.

oldbugger
19-03-2006, 12:16 PM
thanks for that shiva.. i wanted to render as a new clip...thanks a lot.

RDR
19-03-2006, 03:18 PM
you can also use the resample input option for work on the fly.

278d7e64a374de26f==