PDA

View Full Version : This kills lab rats.

AcidTrash
16-03-2006, 12:29 PM
http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=15HGSI8BVSN902S8LVJVRQ5NDJ

Aratron
16-03-2006, 09:20 PM
very good fella

danielmarshall
17-03-2006, 10:10 AM
On the whole this is a petty good track, here's what I liked and what I didn't:

First the good: Nice and industrial this one. Sounds allot like Pounding Grooves to me. I like the way you tease the listener with the rides at the beginning. The drums sit very nicely, as do those wicked distorted ambient sounds. I'm chopping this sucker up for use as a locked groove in Ableton. You seem to have a nack for mixdown. The breadown at 3:30 is awesome, I really like it. The hoover that follows it works quite well, but...

...it needs to be louder (this is the bad part just so you know ;) ) The looping edits get a little menotenous in the beginning, and I'd try something else - especially with the high pass filter sweeps, I just find things like that irritating when I'm DJing since I use the mixer to do it myself with allot more creative freedom. They're just too predictable after the first two anyway. I think you could also stand to boost the bass over the entire mix a bit, though I'm just usingmy DJ headphones to evaluate the track. I'd like to hear a little more stereo panning and possibly some subtle use of some modulation effects to create a slightly more dynamic texture if you know what I mean. I'd also look to add/ remove drums other than the rides cause the loop gets a little ploddy after a while.

Sheesh that sounds like allot more negetive critism than possitive, but rest assured it's only me trying to help you out, and it is just my opinion anyway :)

AcidTrash
17-03-2006, 11:05 AM
WOW! Thank you.

danielmarshall
17-03-2006, 11:10 AM
No prob mate. Happy St. Patricks Day :)

278d7e64a374de26f==