PDA

View Full Version : dave angel @ medicine bar, birmingham - tonight

ds2
18-03-2006, 10:16 AM
posted for friends....

Ever wondered what happened to Techno in Birmingham? Miss going to House Of God? Where is Atomic Jam?

Can you believe the second city hasn’t got a regular Techno party? Well Tronic aims to remedy that!!

On Saturday 18th March we throw our first party at the Custard Factory . Headlining is the much revered and respected Dave Angel. He is one of the pioneers of the UK Techno scene, starting off playing Acid House on Pirate radio in London in the late 80's he soon progressed to regular DJing which has not halted to this day seeing him play in major clubs the world over. As a producer he has a huge discography under his belt with releases on R + S, Love, OuterRythum, Fnac, Island, Mayday, Jericho as well as his own hugely popular Techno label Rotation. He's also provided remixes for big names such as Orbital, Hardfloor, Carl Cox, Robert Armani, Juan Atkins, Roni Size, Joey Beltram and the Hacker.

Also on the bill are the amazing House Of God residents Sir Real and Harvey Lane.

These guys know a thing or two about all things electronic and have been rocking dance floors for over 30 years between them. You’ve probably heard them play legendary sets at House Of God and they won’t fail to disappoint at this much anticipated party.

But Tronic isn’t just about techno, it’s more than that. The second room is testament to that statement and sees the much respected Yam Who drop by for an eclectic set of broken beats, soulful grooves, deep house and much much more.

The sophisticated beatsmiths from London that are Yam Who have lent their skilful sprinkle of magic studio dust to everyone from Only Child, Xantone Blacq, Sidewinder and Rainer Truby on this side of the Atlantic to Pharrell, Dwele, Ampfiddler, N'Dambi, Raphael Saadiq, Alison Crockett and Lizz Fields on the other. Everyone from Anne Nightingale to Norman Jay plus hundreds of others have supported what they do and name check them as the production outfit to watch.

Be sure not to miss this eagerly awaited launch party, see you on the dance floor!!

DETAILS

TIMES - 10PM - 4AM

PRICES - £8 NUS BEFORE 11, £10 OTHERS

VENUE

THE FACTORY (THE MEDECINE BAR), CUSTARD FACTORY, BIRMINGHAM

LIMITED GUEST LIST - EMAIL

antondebiage@hotmail.com
Info - 0121 693 6333

www.factoryclub.co.uk/

www.antondebiage.com

www.veto.co.uk

Francisco Scaramanga
18-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll be here, cant wait in fact. Its been awhile since I've caught a set from Dave Angel, and Sir Real and Harvey Lane are always good, so should be a good night.

oldbugger
18-03-2006, 02:41 PM
wicked.. was only talking about dave angel yesterday..im there.

Fordy
19-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Quality night, roll on the next.

Traxx
20-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Was he any good?

Fordy
21-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Yeah Dave Angel was really good, as were the House Of God resi's. Music was top notch through out.

nihilist
21-03-2006, 07:23 PM
''Ever wondered what happened to Techno in Birmingham? Miss going to House Of God? Where is Atomic Jam?'' :shock:

i dont agree this statement at all there are loads of techno nights in brum [/quote]

nihilist
21-03-2006, 07:23 PM
''Ever wondered what happened to Techno in Birmingham? Miss going to House Of God? Where is Atomic Jam?'' :shock:

i dont agree this statement at all there are loads of techno nights in brum

nihilist
21-03-2006, 07:25 PM

nihilist
21-03-2006, 07:26 PM

nihilist
21-03-2006, 09:09 PM
sorry about this thread going on 4 times --computer glitch

Stretch
21-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah but the rest are rubbish.

Stretch
21-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm thinking I may have been a touch harsh with that last comment cus' ive been to a few good Inukshuk's and there was that night at the Med Bar when Subhead & Bill Youngman came over. But the rest are rubbish.

nihilist
22-03-2006, 05:39 PM
RUBBISH!!

whys that then stretchy

Fordy
22-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah there is some acid techno events but personally that scene is more related to the hard dance one, underground city, and yourselves etc, IMO anyway.

nihilist
22-03-2006, 06:01 PM
acid techno doesnt just mean 303's

underground city have different artists such as kay d smith weve had dean rodell,osmosis have had paul damage and hex-a-tek have had ade fenton.

there are a lot of poeple putting time,effort and cash into building nights up. for poeple to just dissmiss them as rubbish is pretty wank in my opinion, if you dont support nights how are we going to grow and get bigger and better names to play

Fordy
22-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I apologise if I came across as dismissing other nights. I probably generalised quite abit. But I have hardly any idea of osmosis and hex-a-tek tbh ? And id only just looked at your site and seen the djs on and formed an opinion. Personally, acid & london techno doesnt appeal to me and thats probably why I generalise.

The line ups of underground city for example have never appealed. But if id known of Paul Damage playing at Osmosis and maybe Fenton at the other I would of tried to get to them.

Anyways, we all love techno in a variety of forms, the more the better. But back to the original comment about missing, atomic jam & house of god, of course those names will be mentioned, they are big nationally recognised and respected nights, and in general its true, what has happened with techno in brum ?

But with this, your night, these other nights, hopefully techno will become even more regular in brum again.

nihilist
22-03-2006, 09:35 PM
''But with this, your night, these other nights, hopefully techno will become even more regular in brum again.''

that's what we are working on matey, id love to get some more 'harder techno dj's' at toxic city but the prices some are asking are just out of our budget.

MN8 and DK ROON play hard techno so im sure if you come along you will enjoy yourself and maybe AAARON & ANT will surprise you to

slimboy
23-03-2006, 01:38 PM
So what was Dave Angel like? Been years since I've heard him, what sort of stuff's he playing these days? Still a spinback every 2 minutes?

Stretch
23-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I went to a party @ The Sanctuary ages ago, can't remember the promoter but there was two DJ's Herne & Jester or something, put me off acid techno completely. Worst records ever!

Nihilist - Did you have anything to do with Dean Rodell playing in Redditch then? Was that your night by any chance? Think Jon Boy Freer played as well and possibly Andy Styler if you know them?

Stretch
23-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Oh and i was well impressed with Dave Angel. Great set. Heard loads of things about him playing hard as nails techno yonks ago and then moving on to jazz and ambient influenced stuff. Sounded like he'd found a nice medium!
Anton was good as well. Strange hearing him play some of the harder stuff after years of service in the HOG backroom.

nihilist
23-03-2006, 04:58 PM
yes mr stretch i promoted dean in redditch did you go?
i do know john and styler in fact styler filled in for us at the last toxic city at the dragon when subcitizen couldnt make it and he will be playing for us again soon.

i remember when herne n jester played at the sanctuary and wasnt that impressed with the acid tunes they played,mainly because it was slow down tempo euro stuff-- not to my taste but hay they like it.

i can asure if you come to toxic city on the 7th april it will be banging techno from start to finish in all techno styles.

mr burns
23-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah there is some acid techno events but personally that scene is more related to the hard dance one, underground city, and yourselves etc, IMO anyway.

we have a hard dance room for the hard dance, and a techno room for the techno, try it one time you might be plesantly suprised.

Stretch
23-03-2006, 06:42 PM
i do know john and styler in fact styler filled in for us at the last toxic city at the dragon when subcitizen couldnt make it and he will be playing for us again soon.

No, I never went. I didn't hear about it till a week or so after when I bumped into Jon at the HOG. Bit strange really cus I only live a couple of minutes from the venue.

Stretch
23-03-2006, 08:14 PM

No, I never went. I didn't hear about it till a week or so after when I bumped into Jon at the HOG. Bit strange really cus I only live a couple of minutes from the venue.

Stretch
23-03-2006, 08:15 PM
doh!

278d7e64a374de26f==