PDA

View Full Version : FOA Mark, couple of ideas for the site

The Divide
18-03-2006, 02:59 PM
I’ve been thinking...

I love all the stuff in the left hand column but I think it’s probably disabled by the majority of people on here. It’s like there’s huge potential in that, but it’s switched off because it feels too separated from forum. Perhaps in future, it could be made more integrated. Take for example all those community categories. I suppose it has its purpose but is that really necessary having that there as more people are more accustom to navigating with it switched off. Perhaps it could be replace with somekinda RSS style feed which is constantly being updated and is linked this page...

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index

Also it would be nice to have a BOA users category within that page so people can upload our DJ/PA mixes to it without having page upon page of feedback (thats what the forums for innit)

Don’t know, just an idea, came from this thread...

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/portal/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=570009#57 0009

I can see the potential in the left hand side sections and I think a lot more can be done with that

I can remember the 1st thing I thought when I started using the new forum, it was like information overload. This is probably part of the problem of the left sections not being used. There seems to be a lot of things which aren’t that necessary. I you could probably condense it (but im a windows classic view, like everything minimal). Put say News and Articles in one category. Probably remove the biographies page because it’s not really doing anything and add it to the info sections. Could also put the more functional links at the top (ie controls, RSS, etc) then your information resources underneath. Also I think this part of the graphics on that side with the wires look a bit cheesy

I don’t know really, just a few ideas. I know your priorities are your music (respectably) and I know how hard shit like that is. But this could all be something to take into consideration the next time you fancy tweaking up the site

Si the Sigh
29-03-2006, 10:42 AM
100% agree with everything you've said there mate.

MARKEG
02-04-2006, 01:06 AM
thanks mate this is so appreciated.

i have bookmarked this page and next time i'm ready to update things i will use what ya said!!

:)

278d7e64a374de26f==