PDA

View Full Version : Too many crap records!

fresh_an_funky_design
19-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Went online record shopping today for the first time in a while.

I can't believe the amount of absolutely shit records out at the moment. Took me a few hours to filter through the new releases in juno and only found a few records that i thouht we're really good,

so many time its like... hmm heard that b4

also any1 heard that new marco bailey release????

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF209136-01-01-01.mp3
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF209136-01-02-01.mp3

i've never heard anything so pants in all my life

MARKEG
19-03-2006, 08:33 PM
let's screw the shit man

we all know there's shit out there.

actually that's the skill of a dj or a music person - to sift through the crap.

you're giving webspace to the shit music. we don't need this!! forget it!!

bah.. this sucks. let's talk about what rocks!!!

imho think.

:)

The Teknoist
19-03-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah, pretty much every genre is saturated with rubbish. Its what makes finding the good stuff all the more worthwhile.

Crate digging is how you earn the great records :)

The Divide
19-03-2006, 09:42 PM
I liked the 'bollocks' reworks he did last month

Dj-Richie-Parker
19-03-2006, 11:32 PM
what i do is make a list of all the artists and labels that i like and run a check on diferent sites for those artists every week or so to see if anything new comes in from them...

You can very quickly build up a solid list of artists that do it for ya..

As for those that dont do it for me well then i know not to put em on my list, i certainly dont waist energy to talk about how krap they are...

In saying that, there are many records ive come accross that ive thought were krap at the time but as you mature you come accross the same artist and you think holy sh.t this is good..

its really just down to taste..

fresh_an_funky_design
20-03-2006, 12:16 AM
oh yeah i know the score with sifting records, that why i go through all the releases rather than just searching artists that i like, its just some of the stuff i heard was really bad... although as i said i found a few really good records

killarava2day
20-03-2006, 02:05 AM
...most of it is minimal too!

Evil G
20-03-2006, 02:55 AM
i've had to listen to about 400 records to find 10 worthy of buying for as long as i've been djing. that's what makes a good dj, is having the ear to find the good stuff.

and the only way to discourage people putting out bad records is not to buy them. complaining wont help at all.

Sunil
20-03-2006, 03:00 AM
...most of it is minimal too!

Yep. It's getting so boring too. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Looking forward to the bubble bursting.

oldbugger
20-03-2006, 07:26 AM
[quote="killarava2day"]...most of it is minimal too![/quote}

:thumbsup: great innit ;)

orac
20-03-2006, 07:57 AM
also any1 heard that new marco bailey release????

it's a repress of his much older record

Jay Pace
20-03-2006, 10:01 AM
i've had to listen to about 400 records to find 10 worthy of buying for as long as i've been djing. that's what makes a good dj, is having the ear to find the good stuff.

and the only way to discourage people putting out bad records is not to buy them. complaining wont help at all.

Damn right.
Digging is one of the joys of djing.

fresh_an_funky_design
20-03-2006, 11:38 AM

yeah but it makes me feel better :cheese:

abloke
20-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Someone likes the crap, somone will listen to it and think, "I think that". Therefore it's not crap, just not your taste in techno If absolutly no one buys it, then it can be said to be crap.

Let's not talk about the music you don't like!!

Stodgy
20-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Someone likes the crap, somone will listen to it and think, "I think that". Therefore it's not crap, just not your taste in techno If absolutly no one buys it, then it can be said to be crap.

Let's not talk about the music you don't like!!

I completely agree with this statement. For a person to imply that their taste in anything is better than someone else's is just arrogance. One mans meat is another mans poison and because of this life will continue to be interesting... hopefully.

fresh_an_funky_design
20-03-2006, 04:53 PM
i agree with the statement as well,

just because i don't personally like a record dosent mean i think it's crap,
there's loads of music out there that i dont like but is still good music

what i meant was that some of the records we're very badly made in terms of production

fresh_an_funky_design
20-03-2006, 04:56 PM
i think i'm starting to dig myself into a hole here!!

http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr/photo/ke5c/1emebig.jpg

SlavikSvensk
20-03-2006, 05:52 PM
but taste is one thing, and overall quality is another. YES, there are TOO MANY CRAP RECORDS. but then again, there always have been, in every genre and subgenre...

i personally think the crap to quality ratio has been climbing over the past decade, sadly. or maybe it's the same, only with so many more records out now, it just feels like it has.

The Divide
20-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I agree too

But truthfully I thought the A side of the bailey record was like the kind of techno (or trancey techno crossover) that I would have loved when I was about 16. Some kid will love this tune no doubt and Im no one to judge. I would however say that tunes like this are a step backwards, that isnt always a bad thing too

Dj-Richie-Parker
20-03-2006, 06:21 PM
We're all going to heaven anyway so Whe Heyyyyyyyyy

fresh_an_funky_design
22-03-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree too

(or trancey techno crossover) that I would have loved when I was about 16. Some kid will love this tune no doubt and Im no one to judge. I would however say that tunes like this are a step backwards, that isnt always a bad thing too

i shouldn't have posted the bailey record as tbh the production is prob pretty good, it just made me laugh when i heard it

dan the acid man
22-03-2006, 10:03 AM
I completely agree with this statement. For a person to imply that their taste in anything is better than someone else's is just arrogance. One mans meat is another mans poison and because of this life will continue to be interesting... hopefully.

i like meat, especially a nice steak, but i also like poisn............unskinny bop................erm, i'll get my coat :oops: :scratch:

Jay Pace
22-03-2006, 10:12 AM
i'll get my coat

Come along, lets find you a nice basket to weave...
http://www.tonyyouens.com/Images/straight_jacket.jpg

dan the acid man
22-03-2006, 10:21 AM
noooooooooo, not the padded room again

Dirtyacid
22-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I totally agree with this I find this when Im in the record shop but my freind always says to me one man,s sh*t is another man,s gold

278d7e64a374de26f==