PDA

View Full Version : Richie Parker - "for the groove"

Dj-Richie-Parker
20-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Supp Biatches..!

Im still gona add bits to this one but i wana throw out there and see what happens..

No need to download, just press the play button when page open..

Constructive Critisism welcome.. :paranoid:

http://www.streamload.com/RichieParker

stjohn
20-03-2006, 07:38 PM
story bitch!!

i like this groove on this man, tis more my cup of tea...nice tribal perx. if it sounded like i was dissin your work earlier sorry, i didnt mean to sound like that. respect for puttin it out there ;)

on your tracks, it be cool if there was a bit more change, but u have the big hardcore hardware sound down so fair play. a subbas or bassline might add that extra groove, as AFAIK most of your bass harmonics are controlled by the hardcore kick drums. once a nice subb is going, new sounds and gooves seem to pop out of nowhere.

you have a distinguishable sound to your tracks, so that is definatly a good thing...

my opinions :)

smeerkees
20-03-2006, 09:44 PM
It's def slammin'. But I think the mastering could be a bit better. It changes on amplitude in the track.

Dj-Richie-Parker
20-03-2006, 11:23 PM
No worries stjohn an thanks smeerkees..(what a ****ed up name)

Anyway, i dont know what it is but im just not a person for putting decorations on a track, which is probable obivious by now...Now i know sometimes doing so gives it that bit extra, but its really just a test run for this baby..

yea i put the track through a compression and she blew a bit in places but it was 5.am or something so i just said i can alter it again later...

Im really inspired by the chicago sound, to be honest i didnt realise that it was chicago stuff that did it for me until a short time ago..weird. :eh: .Like i described what im into as either ghetto, jackin, industrial etc (i aint talking bout the track in question now but what im into in general), its ****ed up innit, i know it wouldnt be artistic to pigeon hole yerself but its nice to realise that there is an umberella term for the path your on..??!!

Kong
21-03-2006, 08:38 PM
This is just as awfull as your International Ep and couldnt be further from what irish hard techno producers are capable of.

Kong ; for a better chinese :)

Dj-Richie-Parker
21-03-2006, 08:59 PM
This is just as awfull as your International Ep and couldnt be further from what irish hard techno producers are capable of.

Well im living in ireland but im actually chineese, yea those irish suck dont they... :lol:

loopdon
21-03-2006, 10:18 PM

were you taking the piss, mate?
if not: if you have nothing constructive to say ---> stfu ;)

i will listen and check and reply laters :razz:

robin m
21-03-2006, 10:20 PM
The link won't load, it's just timin out every time I try it :scratch:

Is it just me? :eh:

Dj-Richie-Parker
21-03-2006, 11:22 PM
The link won't load, it's just timin out every time I try it :scratch:

Is it just me? :eh:

well as far as i know its still workin, it actually wont play with my real player but other people have listened since, should work.. :paranoid:

robin m
21-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Oh, it's workin now - I must have had one of my 'episodes' :bonk:

I'm likin this one definitely, very well done :dance:

It's got a very nice stripped-down back to basics feel to it, felt like it maybe could do with just one more sound running over the top in a couple of places to beef it out even more but it works as it is. The winding-down record sounding breakdown is class - definitely a high point.

Like it a lot - fair play to ya. Keep them coming! :thumbsup:

SlavikSvensk
21-03-2006, 11:43 PM
ok richie...here's my take. i'm glad you are trying something different. however, i think this, while improving on the drum processing on your ep, lacks the thing that made those tracks compelling: your sense of melody. i kept waiting for the synths to bust in, and they didn't. my advice? add some.

Dj-Richie-Parker
22-03-2006, 01:21 AM
yea as i said it aint totally finished, ive just added a bit of a sample and a few effects to the sub, im just playing with this to see where i end up..

Thanks for everyones input :toast:

dirty_bass
22-03-2006, 02:39 AM
I don`t really dig this kind of techno, so I won`t comment on taste.
Production wise however I found this to be a bit slack.
The kick lacked real analog warmth and size.
Hats were a little thin and dry.
The bongo loop was also dry and sounded like an unprocessed loop.

I`d say maybe this could do with more warmth overall as it is trying to sound analogue.
MAybe more saturation on the bass and kick.
Some light reverb on the hats.
Also a touch of reverb and some compression on that bongo loop to make it a bit more dynamic.
Maybe some interesting edits hear and there to add to the quirkyness too.

rhythmtech
22-03-2006, 02:43 AM
yeah. this COULD be good. i can see the road that you're trying to go down but it just needs a little more "something". but keep it up, as you said its not finished. keep us posted because i do like the style of some of your stuff, you just need to get the production nailed...

B.

eyeswithoutaface
22-03-2006, 09:07 AM
the actual track i found quite plain for this style of techno, needs alot more going on and alot more interesting changes to carry it off. The Vocal sample doesnt really go too well either, sounds like an old BBC education broadcast or something.

production wise, sorry needs a fair bit i thought, alot more EQ needed to seperate the elements, really could do with widening the frequency spectrum more id say. More processing overall definately, such as verbs and compression, and as i said some good EQ work. Could really do with a bassline in there too, as it just feels like the listener's waiting for something to kick when it doesnt, and this kind of techno really needs something else to carry it along, a banging kick just doesnt do. Also i dont think the timing's correct on the small breakdown around the 3 min mark where its just the bass and a hat playing

good start though

eyeswithoutaface
22-03-2006, 09:07 AM
when i say timing i mean on the small filter sweep that is applied

Dj-Richie-Parker
22-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys for taking the time to listen to the track, an i appreciate your comments and suggestions...

;)

SlavikSvensk
22-03-2006, 10:48 PM
i liked the synths and horns you used on your ep. woudln't mind hearing some like that here

Davin
24-03-2006, 10:42 PM
production wise, sorry needs a fair bit i thought, alot more EQ needed to seperate the elements, really could do with widening the frequency spectrum more id say. More processing overall definately, such as verbs and compression, and as i said some good EQ work. Could really do with a bassline in there too, as it just feels like the listener's waiting for something to kick when it doesnt, and this kind of techno really needs something else to carry it along, a banging kick just doesnt do. Also i dont think the timing's correct on the small breakdown around the 3 min mark where its just the bass and a hat playing

good start though

I agree with eyes on a few things here, firstly the vocals wouldnt be my cup of tea, a bassline would do it the world of good, and a bit of eq and maybe a bit more compression on the kick would make it a little nicer on the ear, other than that I'm lovin' the percussion, Its good but does still need a bit of work and I personally think you sety yourself high standards with the internatonal ep so maybe I'm being a bit harsh!!
:doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==