View Full Version : Janik-Virtual Attack (159BPM) First Upload

Janik
21-03-2006, 01:18 AM
Hello all!!! :) This is my first upload on this forum... :cool:

link: http://janik.i365.pl/Virtual/

Your opinion - positively or negatively is always welcome!!! :roll:

robin m
21-03-2006, 11:18 PM
This is a lot heavier than I'm used to! The atmospherics are really nice, the industrial noises & bangs & whatnot in the background work very well. The kick is a bit too in-yer-face for me but I think that's just cos I'm not really familiar with the sound you're aiming for... there are a lot of very nice edits in the kick pattern, some of them are very cleverly done but they sound a bit disjointed to me - the tune doesn't seem to build up to them particularly, it just sort of pounds along & then every now and then there's a crazy drum edit. Again I think this might just be me not really being into the style you're going for so don't take what I say too seriously!

I prefer the beginning of the track to the end of it - I'm not massively keen on the new synth that comes in over the second half after the break, it doesn't completely gel with the rest of the tune to my ears to be honest. Also I'm no expert at this sort of thing by any means but the kick & synth / hihats seem to interfere with each other quite a lot & some parts of the tune seem to duck under the kickdrum.

Some good work here though, definintely keep it up :clap:

Mindful
24-03-2006, 08:50 PM
This is the bollox.
Nice solid production.
Realy digging the atmospheres and mood of the track.
Its got a bit of a new school hardcore feel to it.
Good edits and arrangment.
Love the break and this spooky synth is great.
One thing I would prefere to hear some more complex hat pattens rather than the straight off beat stuff you have but thats my taste.
This would sound exelent on a big rig im sure.

Spot on and welcome to the board fella.

Janik
25-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Robin M and Mindful thank you...great review!!! :shock:

rhythmtech
25-03-2006, 01:46 AM
jeesus this is fast!!! not really what im into but good for what it is. i agree with mindful about the hats, you do need to alterate them a bit. i'd pump the bass a little more and knock that eeirie synth down a touch.. other than that good work fella!

278d7e64a374de26f==