PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Ho - Raudive

Conan
21-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Here's Oliver's first release of his Minimal house project - Raudive and its on Klang electronik.

I'm interested to see what people think of the record and about Ho's move into the more minimal sound? From what I remember light & dark 008 was pretty stripped as well and his recent charts are full of minimal stuff.

Im not giving out nor do I think any less of Oliver ho because he's done loads of styles and Im sure he'll change again but just wondering what yous think of it.

Sunil
21-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Here's Oliver's first release of his Minimal house project - Raudive and its on Klang electronik.

I'm interested to see what people think of the record and about Ho's move into the more minimal sound? From what I remember light & dark 008 was pretty stripped as well and his recent charts are full of minimal stuff.

Im not giving out nor do I think any less of Oliver ho because he's done loads of styles and Im sure he'll change again but just wondering what yous think of it.

Just listened there. Yeah, it's good stuff, superior to other recent minimal stuff on Klang for sure. "Turn It Off" in particular has the moves. It just shows though, a few decent enough Ho tracks getting snapped up on one of Germany's cooler labels; it's not like his harder stuff is lacking in quality or can't be any bit as twisted or abstract... yet I'm sure it wouldn't stand a chance of being picked up or requested by a German label now.

Anyway, more power to him, he does this stuff well and ze Germans will like it. Hopefully he'll have another batch of different stuff on the way too, there's a Birdland "DJ Edits Vol.2" coming soon anyway :cool:

Conan
21-03-2006, 03:10 AM
Yeh he's still the man and that "Turn it off" track is still very Oliver Ho in itself. I was just thinking there when you mentioned his Birdland guise that he has plenty of different avenues or outlets that he can use to keep himself interseted and his music fresh. You've got Meta, Light & Dark, Raudive, Blueprint(past) and his Birdland stuff which he uses for house and the Dj edits series. Given the current environment thats pretty unbelievable.

So fair play Oli :clap:

Conan
21-03-2006, 03:12 AM
Yeh he's still the man and that "Turn it off" track is still very Oliver Ho in itself. I was just thinking there when you mentioned his Birdland guise that he has plenty of different avenues or outlets that he can use to keep himself interseted and his music fresh. You've got Meta, Light & Dark, Raudive, Blueprint(past) and his Birdland stuff which he uses for house and the Dj edits series. Given the current environment thats pretty unbelievable.

The Overfiend
22-03-2006, 06:46 AM
I didn't know he was Birdland!

Davin
22-03-2006, 06:36 PM

Not to mention "Chango" another house project Ho has taken under!!
He's released 2 tracks onto this label,one of which is his own and another by James Croydon both of which are really good if you like Ho's sound just slower! The label itself is quite the slow mover with only two releases to date i think!!

278d7e64a374de26f==