PDA

View Full Version : need urgent help/suggestions!!!

Col
23-03-2006, 01:47 AM
i need to purchase radiohead tickets on saturday from gigs and tours.

so ive been to the site to attempt to purchase tickets for a gig (as a dress rehearsal for saturday) only to find out when i click on the buy tickets link it doesnt work. nothing happens, at all. now, this problem also arises on some other links i try to press, it does it on myspace when browsing members, or trying to edit myspace profile, ive also tried to purchase tickets for another gig on another site and again its the same when i go to 'buy tickets' nothing happens. on most sites i can buy things (the links work fine), but on the odd occasion i find links that basically just dont work, and its not because they are faulty. i thought it might be a problem with java, but ive installed it and it makes no difference. could be because im behind a proxy server?

does anyone has any idea what this problem could be? obviously time isnt on side, so any help/suggestions would be much appreaciated.

thanks,

i love you.

TechMouse
23-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Are you running Firefox?

If not, install it and try that instead of IE.

If you are, try IE instead.

Some sites are set up to take advantage of the non-standard features of IE, and likewise - IE gets confused with some fairly standard stuff.

Have you got Javascript enabled?

It *could* be because you're behind a proxy server, but it's unlikeley - unless your proxy isn't set up to allow https (secure) connections.

Col
23-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Are you running Firefox?

If not, install it and try that instead of IE.

If you are, try IE instead.

Some sites are set up to take advantage of the non-standard features of IE, and likewise - IE gets confused with some fairly standard stuff.

Have you got Javascript enabled?

It *could* be because you're behind a proxy server, but it's unlikeley - unless your proxy isn't set up to allow https (secure) connections.

thanks, ive sorted the problem now. someone suggested i used netscape so i did, i then installed firefox (which someone suggested a few weeks ago) and everything is fine now

thanks for giving me a brief insight to what the problem is, its much appreaciated. :) no one has explained to me why this problem occurs.

cheers.

278d7e64a374de26f==