PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 828 problem.

MARKEG
28-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,

I have a big problem with my Apple G4 Titanium Powerbook and my MOTU 828 on OSX.

You see it was working fine until I installed the new drivers on the MOTU site. Now it doesn't regonise that the 828 is even there. The original console shows a ? on it in the dock when I click dock the icon. I notice there's another Motu Console in the Applications folder (from the new installation) but when I click on this it just brings up the 'General' Tab. It's definitely not recognising anything is there at all.

I've tried unplugging the 828, restarted numerous times, turned the 828 on and off, checked the connections, yet there's been no luck.

Should I have got rid of the original Console do you think before I installed the new drivers? If so what should I do now d'ya reckon?

Any ideas anyone?

professor
28-08-2003, 03:59 PM
try to ask the same questions on osxaudio.com

There is a pretty good Mac music production forum, software forum, hardware, etc.

DJZeMig_L
28-08-2003, 06:28 PM
check if the firewire port is working fine and recognising everything...

I should make sure that the previous version is totally desinstalled... if there is no trace of the old drivers there shouldn't b a prob with the new 1s, as long as the file isn't corrupted... make sure u have the right options on that little audio/midi inbedded OS X prog. (can't remember the name now),.. don't think I can really b of much help...

PS - Have u followed absolutly every step during the instalation (check cause sometimes we rush in installing stuff and forget about a weird half step we should have taken because we haven't read the *.pdf)...

Z

MARKEG
28-08-2003, 07:16 PM
any ideas precisely what i need to uninstall and from what folders???

Jimfish
28-08-2003, 07:17 PM
828 problems = :cry: :cry: :cry:

DJZeMig_L
29-08-2003, 08:19 PM
hey ,

U know I'm no mac expert .. but I assume a run thru the folder looking 4 anything connected with the 828 should do the trick... maybe use a search for any files that contain 828, motu, etc.. in they're "names"...

check the applications and system folder...

I really wish I could say more!

:( Z

MARKEG
29-08-2003, 10:30 PM
:cry:

278d7e64a374de26f==