PDA

View Full Version : new website updates

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 10:35 AM
hi yal, just to let you know that there are new and exiting updates on my site.
the label section is all but done! most of the infected artists are uploaded, and biogs / artwork for both labels are there.

discog's, bio artist's new release previews should be live by tonight

RTB

Athar
24-03-2006, 11:31 AM
The best pics in gallery defo are from Compressed in Wales, intresting point of wiev :lol:

Athar
24-03-2006, 11:33 AM
view* :roll:

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 12:19 PM
The best pics in gallery defo are from Compressed in Wales, intresting point of wiev :lol:

tits and arse's... thats what lifes about.... aint it :paranoid:

dan the acid man
24-03-2006, 01:49 PM
looking good, one question though, has anybody else had problems with the sound cutting out on the studio mix and live pa ?, as it does on mine, could just be a problem my end

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 02:25 PM
looking good, one question though, has anybody else had problems with the sound cutting out on the studio mix and live pa ?, as it does on mine, could just be a problem my end

should work fine, there have been problems in downloading but i think they are sorted out now.

btw.
THE LONG AWAITED TARBALL AND LUNGBUTTER LIVE SET SHOULD LIVE BY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 02:29 PM
all i get is the site under construction screen :(

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 02:29 PM
sorry... was clickin bastardloud. got it now :)

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 02:31 PM

same here :(

dan the acid man
24-03-2006, 02:35 PM
should work fine, there have been problems in downloading but i think they are sorted out now.

btw.
THE LONG AWAITED TARBALL AND LUNGBUTTER LIVE SET SHOULD LIVE BY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool, i'll give it another listen later then

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 02:39 PM
just d/l the live pa and it turned out shit

you can hear all the cut outs on the d/l :(

dan the acid man
24-03-2006, 03:07 PM

i've had this in the past with other artists sets, i wonder what causes it ?

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 04:44 PM

i've had this in the past with other artists sets, i wonder what causes it ?

right! can anyone tell me what to do???? if not i will upload it again next week and see if that works

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 04:45 PM
no idea m8? whats the bit rate its uploaded at? maybe its a little high. i usually dont go over 192 for sets cause they just stutter.

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 05:00 PM
no idea m8? whats the bit rate its uploaded at? maybe its a little high. i usually dont go over 192 for sets cause they just stutter.

do you mean 192 kbps mp3 converting? it was converted at 320 or so, wanted to do best quality, did i do wrong?

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 05:17 PM
its a little much for people to stream and since you have no right click to save on your site the only way for a lot of people to save it is to use save function in mediaplayer while its palying which means the audio dropouts get recorded too :( i'd put it up again at 192. sometimes quality needs to take a backseat to accesability... but 192 for a live set is fine anyway. people arent gonna scrutinise a live set for sound quality. look at the hardcell & grindvik live album - they recorded it "live" not through the desk... still sounds a belter.

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 05:26 PM
its a little much for people to stream and since you have no right click to save on your site the only way for a lot of people to save it is to use save function in mediaplayer while its palying which means the audio dropouts get recorded too :( i'd put it up again at 192. sometimes quality needs to take a backseat to accesability... but 192 for a live set is fine anyway. people arent gonna scrutinise a live set for sound quality. look at the hardcell & grindvik live album - they recorded it "live" not through the desk... still sounds a belter.

thanks for the advice, i think the sets are gonna be zipped for download also, i will re convert everything and upload again, sorry for the inconvieniance (if thats how you spell it)

btw
how can you record a live set without a desk?

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 05:31 PM
if your not using a desk what do you run your hardware through?

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 05:32 PM
if its an ableton set just hit the little red record circle then render when your finished otherwise attach a cdrecorder/dat machine or whatever to your amp source.

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 05:35 PM
ahhh i get you.. you were talkin about the hardcell album. what i meant was its not recorded direct from their output.. its a mic recording and i'm sure they had a recording engineer with them to balance things out from a desk exterior to their own set-up... or something...

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 05:58 PM
ahhh i get you.. you were talkin about the hardcell album. what i meant was its not recorded direct from their output.. its a mic recording and i'm sure they had a recording engineer with them to balance things out from a desk exterior to their own set-up... or something...

more like they have the same as the tarball and lungbutter live set, live set through the desk, with mics hangin out over the crowd and recorded through the desk

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 06:00 PM
possibly but it doesnt sound quite that way.. a little too raw. maybe they just kept the direct feed down in the mix to make it appear more "live"

so when/where is this set of yours and guys recorded from?

ollie303
24-03-2006, 06:42 PM
re:audio downloads, depends how your machines set up, for some people it will stream rather than download,
and all mp3s are 192kbs

anyway im going to zip the mp3's now so everyone can d/l them

btw tarball & lungbutter lives up for grabs now check it out its rather good :0)

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 06:51 PM
possibly but it doesnt sound quite that way.. a little too raw. maybe they just kept the direct feed down in the mix to make it appear more "live"

so when/where is this set of yours and guys recorded from?

well, find out for yourself ITS LIVE AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tarball and lungbutter live set Montreal 2001 raw as ****!

it is a zip file, all downloads will all be zipped on my site from now on so you wont get that cutting out problem again...hopfully

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 07:05 PM
cheers rolly... d/l now :)

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 07:06 PM
arrgghhhhh it still wont let me d/l. this is a problem my end. anyone know how to sort explorer out to let me d/l from flash?

ollie303
24-03-2006, 07:48 PM
it may be in flash but its just a link... should open regardless,

but heres the direct link for ya: http://rowlandthebastard.co.uk/mp3/Tarball_and_lungbutter_live.zip

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 07:55 PM
cheers m8.. all it does is flash a whitecreen for a second then shut down again. same thing happens to me on all flash sites :(

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 08:09 PM
cheers m8.. all it does is flash a whitecreen for a second then shut down again. same thing happens to me on all flash sites :(

im on my baby mac still g3 lap T. 400mzh running os 9.2.2 STILL!!!

it downloads fine even on mine i seriousley think it might be your end.

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 08:14 PM
i think it is. gay

rowland the bastard
24-03-2006, 08:19 PM
i think it is. gay

i hope your not refering to me and da geez, we're close but not sausage buddies lol

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 08:47 PM
sausage buddies... thats a new one!!!

i like the term "crafty buther" (takes the meat in the back door!!!

just listenin to this now.. really fukin good - takes me right back. love the hawkins esque vocal.

shame i never seen the two of you live but i think i'd moved away from london by the time you got your live set together.

rhythmtech
24-03-2006, 08:50 PM
hahah sonic eruptor!!! what a tune, lovin this set.. what was the b-side midsweep monofest wasnt it, used to cain that tune :)

278d7e64a374de26f==