PDA

View Full Version : [pounding techno] Rhythm technologies - Contrabrand

rhythmtech
25-03-2006, 01:51 AM
something a little looped up for the heads down crowd.

enjoy :eyes:

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF34898105843.mp3

Dj-Richie-Parker
25-03-2006, 02:24 AM
yea this is cool, i like the subby bass, again solid sound, nice breaks, sounded a bit like a vinyl spin on the 2nd break, the synthy sound added in the main breakdown is nice, adds an intense feel to it..

only critic is i felt you got a bit lost with the synthy sound around 4.00 mins on, it lacked a bit of direction there...

Overall very good man

Evil G
25-03-2006, 02:44 AM
the rolling sub is really solid. kick seems to lose some presense in the busier parts. personally, i would give the hi-hats a bit of cut at around 4-5khz to make them less harsh, and a bit of boost above 12-15 khz to add sparkle, but that might be a matter of taste.

MITA
25-03-2006, 06:31 PM
tinam,nam,tinam,nam...
glenns loop.
nice groove,i like the main synth.
as for the arrangment,it could do with something more
more changes and automatisation.low end is nice and subby..
dislike that much distortion on the
ridez..
well done RT,i'll check that other track of urs too ;)

BloodStar
26-03-2006, 03:28 PM
like this. feelin the nice funk in this one. good work with that sub bass,.and also the kick is nicely punchy. maybe it lacks little bit of bottom but probably ok.l like the synth line which comes in that little break around 2.15.
production sounds quite nice. i would check the hats as already was said and me personally would try to tweek the kick little bit...

Mindful
26-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Like the rolling feel of the bass
Good overall feel to the track would get down to this.
Production wise in poo headphones but it sounds a bit quit maybe.
Dig this synth that comes in at about 2.15 sounds like a purist type thang.
personaly like the way the synth sounds like it shifts its place in rythm on 4.00.
Good shit bro.

danielmarshall
27-03-2006, 08:30 AM
That sub is great... and the REALLY low rumbling sub in the background works great too. I also like the distorted hats and rides allot.

With all that bass blasting away the kick does sound a bit burried though - it's something I continually have trouble with too :(. Maybe a little side chaining action and possibly doubling up your kick with one with higher harmonics may help. Dunno, like I said it's my Achilles heel too.

Actually dirty_bass seems to be good at getting his kicks through the mix quite well - suggestions from your corner?

rhythmtech
27-03-2006, 08:55 AM
cheers for listenin lads.. kicks are one thing in perticular that i wanna work on. think im gonna splash out on tc native bundle for the sidechaining as at the moment i'm relying on a lot of layering and eqing to try to get the kicks through the mix... it never ends, does it!!!

danielmarshall
28-03-2006, 09:31 AM
I know... I'm about to fork out more dough for this baby:
http://www.novationmusic.com/enlargepicture.asp?id=356
Can't wait to have a decent midi controller :)

If you're after a free Side chain compressor you could try this out:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1315.html

This guy's written allot of pretty high quality plugins, and they're all freeeeee!

rhythmtech
28-03-2006, 09:50 AM
too late!! ordered the native bundle last night..

loopdon
28-03-2006, 11:07 AM
i haven't been able to listen yet but i have some ideas on the kick - bass relationship thing:

maybe use sth. like:

elevayta spaceboy plugin

http://www.elevayta.com/

or voxengo gliss eq to see where bands overlay each other... this eq can work together with spaceboy as well..

rhythmtech
28-03-2006, 11:10 AM
cheers.. looks like some interesting stuff there

BRADLEE
29-03-2006, 01:08 AM
I think it sound well proper in my headphones personally. I'd rock the shit out of this one. Kick does seem to lose some pressure though. Other than that I think it's pretty damn nice for sure.

278d7e64a374de26f==