PDA

View Full Version : the standard dark thuddy mid-bassline

stjohn
27-03-2006, 05:36 PM
ala oscar mulero, christian wunsch, grovskopa, and voidloss (it was in your more recent set).

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF151242-01-01-01.mp3

ive been trying to get something like this for a while, dont get me wrong i dont want to get caught on just this one sound, plus ive come across some interesting sounds trying,

but id still like to know what makes it and how? it seems that a few producers all seem to come across.

is it a particular synth??

stjohn
27-03-2006, 05:38 PM
could it possibly be mulitracking a certain bassline another 2 times, pitch one up and the other down???

loopdon
28-03-2006, 01:05 PM
i wish i could have a listen but can't coz i am at school atm. i will do so when at home, though. curious what you mean and what tips people will come up with :eyes:

stjohn
28-03-2006, 07:17 PM
fyi its at about 56:36 in the new voidloss 'resignation to depair PA'

loopdon
29-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry, i didn't manage to listen to it yesterday.

I will later, though.

I am rather sad seeing your thread has been viewed umteen times and no-one gives a qualified answer/hint/anything. This might be different if this was a forum open to all. I will give it a listen later on, i promise.

holotropik
30-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Maybe Steve can offer his wordz since it is in one of his tracks??

Let me listen, hang on.....

Ok, from what I can tell there is a "drone" bass-line that hums along in the background with a fairly tight short kick in the same pitch running with it. The bassline is doing the work while the kick is more of a timing marker if you will.

loopdon
30-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Still not managed to listen - but

a) what holoptropik said sounds good

b) dirty bass said something about basslines etc. in his production thread

c) you could always pm him and ask -> and tell us what he said ;)

stjohn
30-03-2006, 04:26 PM
the voidloss example and grovskopa arent as prominant as wunsch and mulero. ive only heard both use it the once (grovskopa in the 1st tune in an Emergence mix), and it isnt as relied on as much as the spanish 2, both of who get a bit of stick for going OTT with it.

holotropik, that makes sense, ill give that a try... ive tried doubling up basslines, but not a kick with a bass. nice1.
im sure steve doesnt want to give away his secrets, oh wait he just gave all them away :) :)

TechMouse
30-03-2006, 04:43 PM
I reckon it'll be fairly boomy reverb on kickdrums.

etnarama
31-03-2006, 11:43 AM
i reckon is a single sub bass note with a pitchbend.......
A simple bassline, the synth is doing the same but a bit out of tempo...
The prob is to control the proper pitchbend , i reckon he has drawn the pitchbend, so it starts the note and the pitch goes up until the end of the note, i reckon its a 8th note
Hope you get me.....

loopdon
31-03-2006, 12:58 PM
i reckon is a single sub bass note with a pitchbend.......
A simple bassline, the synth is doing the same but a bit out of tempo...
The prob is to control the proper pitchbend , i reckon he has drawn the pitchbend, so it starts the note and the pitch goes up until the end of the note, i reckon its a 8th note
Hope you get me.....

your description makes me think of using bassdrums (808 or so) coz they have pitchbend involved as you described.

etnarama
31-03-2006, 01:59 PM
nah what i mean, is a sine or saw wave with octaves lowered (put two oscillators in mono and lower one octave in one and raise one in the other, you can leave the LFO's on as well), and then you draw the actual pitchbend, so you start in let us say C and finish in a higher note, its a nifty trick.....
Its hard for me to explain it by writting but its simple, the note starts with a normal pitch and towards the end of the note you raise the pitch..... this process is just in one note of a bar.

Antinoise
31-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Sounds like an extra kick drum line with a wide reverb. It more of a 'woof' than a base line which is the effect you get with the right reverb.

278d7e64a374de26f==