PDA

View Full Version : The Next Generation 303

MARKEG
29-08-2003, 11:05 PM
OK, so we all know this 303 sound rocks when it rocks. But how can we take this further?

As producers - how do we do something new. How do we we tweak that Freq/Res different? Or is there any way we can add anything to the output of the 303 that is going to take it to a new level?

As listeners - what do you want out of this sound? Why do you hate it? If you love it, what do you love about it?

Let this discussion be about the future. About the positive if we can...

The 303 has been the most powerful sound in the last 20 yr as far as I'm concerned. I think it still has a long way to go.....

matt303
30-08-2003, 12:37 AM
hhhmmmmmm...i've always liked the 303 sound, it can used in so many different ways...deep, melodic, screaming, fierce, bouncy, dribbling....but i do think it has to do something new and when it does i'm hoping it blows my head off.

The recent 303 driven tracks have added a certain fatness to the sound, especially Acid Disco on viscious circle imo, however a lot of tracks stick to the same formula, and sound like an old routemaster, that old smitten etc which isn't bad thing, as i love that sound and the ethos, but in terms of breaking new boundaries with this sound not much is being done...and i think many producers now think of it as old, used and have moved on.

personally i don't think i'll ever get bored of the acid sound, but then again i haven't been sat in a studio for the past ten years making it, and i look forward to hearing an acid track which breaks the mold and my balls in the process.

278d7e64a374de26f==