PDA

View Full Version : new vinyl ****ing me off

connor
29-03-2006, 03:52 PM
ok brought new vinyl the other day and ive now had a couple like this to the point of im thinkin of ****in me decks off and savin for cdj as i cant afford to waste £6 regulary...

1 of my new vinyls seems to be not warped but more like raised around the hole...which makes cuein awkward as it skips about a tiny bit also wen mixing it makes it annoying if i need to to push the record forwards as it goes bout 20beats forward, slowin down is ok i jus grab the centre spindle although it can be awkward sometimes but not as bad as if i need to speed it up a tiny bit...

anyway i got ****ed off span it back and it kinda span for ages more than any of me other records do... :paranoid: i thought i would flip it over see what it was like and the flip side is completely the opposite seemsto be more heavy the way it should be

any1 got any ideas what may be causin this how i can sort this? or shall i jus throw it out me window and buy a new copy :lol:

Evil G
29-03-2006, 04:13 PM
sometimes you can fix that by jamming a piece of paper in the hole.

connor
29-03-2006, 04:32 PM
even though it seems the hole is raised and not actually a problem with the size of the hole it self?? i will give it a try anyway

Evil G
29-03-2006, 04:40 PM
ah sorry, i think i understand what you meant now.

your problem is that when the raised side is down, the record isn't getting enough traction on the slipmat, yes? if you have an old slipmat around you could cut a piece to go around the bulge and fill up the gap between the record and the mat on the table (depending on how high the bulge is, of course).

connor
29-03-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah thats it you got what i mean...

jus had a look and put the record on so its when it seems most slippy so to speak.. and bent down and seen there is a clear gap i can see, so i flipped it over and there was no gap of light no between the record and slipmat...

i have an old slip mat might try and hack that up but not quite sure how you mean but i will prob work it out thanks :)

connor
29-03-2006, 05:37 PM
ive emailed german trance to look into the possability of an exchange for another copy :)

Davin
30-03-2006, 03:28 PM
placing a sticker over the hole and piercing it through the spindle usually sorts out the 'spinning back for a half day problem', as for the rest of the vinyl thats bolloxed on you, just make sure to check it aint warped or dodgy before you leave the shop + asking them for another copy aint gonna kill you!!

connor
30-03-2006, 05:19 PM
i got it from german trance.com so i couldnt check it until it arrived at me house

rhythmtech
30-03-2006, 05:25 PM
leave it in your airing cupboard over night with a heavy book or two weighing the sticky up bit down... the slight heat will gradually help it fall back into shape.

[F/17]
02-04-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah, it's really annoying, but quite common if you get records only by post. hell knows what they do with these "caution! fragile!" packs but i kinda got used to getting warped records.

278d7e64a374de26f==