PDA

View Full Version : For those of us who were a bit broke.

The Overfiend
30-08-2003, 05:18 PM
For the beginners, on production I like fruity but it's very limiting, I've been usuing it for a yearand have learned alot from it. At the same time I feel to learn the fundamentals you have to start somewhere, I am in a time where I am ablle to afford better programs and am going to up date the Pc Ram and Soundcard a bit. This question is for everyone but more geared to the individuals who are pressed on vinyl in the forum(hint, hint).
Are there any notable individuals using Fruity or is it time for me to graduate to the bigger and better programs and which ones are good to learn? Or do I just say screw it and pay 40 bux an hour to go to a studio and try to learn protools on equipment I don't have at home.

DJZeMig_L
30-08-2003, 05:46 PM
humm...

I'm not really famous or anything but I've donne quite a fair bit of trackz in fruity...

A good soundcard, a good midi controler (Novation Remote 25), good PC, very good monitors may well b all u need (Mackie HR 824, 624,... Alesis M1 Mk2, Spirit Absolut 0's... if there is anyway u can afford the mackies don't hesitate 2 save up 4 it really)...

I would say could probably need 2 move on 2 something a little more intricate for the audio part, like being able to proper eq. compress, etc... each part, groups, master, etc... but U can still do that with in fruity, but I would recomend using "external" Hi quality plug-ins like waves, tc, .. instruments arturia, native, etc...

Do u feel limited, lacking in something .. analise what and then build from that..

Soundcards... RME ... 4 cheaper stuff ESI (Ego Systems) or M-Audio.

Mind u these would b my choices doesn't mean it's an absolute truth ;)

Z

Col
30-08-2003, 06:26 PM
humm...

I'm not really famous or anything but I've donne quite a fair bit of trackz in fruity...

A good soundcard, a good midi controler (Novation Remote 25), good PC, very good monitors may well b all u need (Mackie HR 824, 624,... Alesis M1 Mk2, Spirit Absolut 0's... if there is anyway u can afford the mackies don't hesitate 2 save up 4 it really)...

I would say could probably need 2 move on 2 something a little more intricate for the audio part, like being able to proper eq. compress, etc... each part, groups, master, etc... but U can still do that with in fruity, but I would recomend using "external" Hi quality plug-ins like waves, tc, .. instruments arturia, native, etc...

Do u feel limited, lacking in something .. analise what and then build from that..

Soundcards... RME ... 4 cheaper stuff ESI (Ego Systems) or M-Audio.

Mind u these would b my choices doesn't mean it's an absolute truth ;)

Z

the techno production king has entered the forum! ha ha!!

ive had no releases, but i agree with everything ze migl says.

i suppose it dosent matter what equipment you have at your disposal,
self-creativity is the most important aspect of music production, top equipment doesnt make the music for you, of course, top equipment can contribute heavily, but its proved you can make proffesional music with software only. like ze migl said all you need is a good soundcard, good monitors, and a half decent midi controller. the rest is up to you, and me for that matter.

Jimfish
30-08-2003, 07:42 PM
yeah, its all in the ears really.
And its about your own perceptions of the limitations of your way of working. I personally would find it very limiting, but perhaps someone who approaches thier work in a different way would find it less so..

i have a fair feeling Mark Broom uses fruity actually, but i am somewhat unsure about the sonic qualitys of his work... :?

I think though, as ive said b4, a really experienced person with great ears could make a better sounding tune on a laptop with fruity than an un-experienced person could in sonys main studio...

278d7e64a374de26f==