PDA

View Full Version : Stay Up Forever 83

christian wagner
31-03-2006, 10:29 AM
TIDDLES, CHRIS LIBERATOR & KN

a/ - your rights - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/suf083/a/

b/ - objection - http://www.bangingtunes.com/play/suf083/b/

These aint too bad, prefere the B-side though, A-side sounds too much like the North london Skank - Still good though :)

rhythmtech
31-03-2006, 10:34 AM
your rights - not bad although a little hard house sounding for my liking.

objection - class.. love the dubby feel to it! this is SUF goin back to the good shit. experimental with a nice slap of acid. not to fast and a nice bang to the kick. top one boys!!!!

Si the Sigh
31-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Love it! North London Skank EP needed a follow up IMO. Great stuff. :toast:

Si the Sigh
31-03-2006, 10:49 AM
The B-sides where its at on this... :cheese:

rhythmtech
31-03-2006, 10:56 AM
The B-sides where its at on this... :cheese:

definitly :dance:

Si the Sigh
31-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Acccciiiiiidddddd!!!!!

Athar
01-04-2006, 08:01 AM
hehe, im agreed, defo B side its my closer my fav style than A, anyway nice release - 7/10 :thumbsup:

Athar
01-04-2006, 08:03 AM
its closer* :ninja:

TeTe303
01-04-2006, 11:20 PM
side a is great ..! love it

the b side is king tubby ?

Aratron
02-04-2006, 10:21 AM
:dance:
yep its all good

jimmy west
02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
quality release love this ska sound that has crept into the acid scene at the moment might just be a bit of a fad but i like it

Trip Head
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Lovin' the B side on this, great stuff!

tesora
03-04-2006, 04:56 PM
really nice release :clap:
who is Tiddles ?!

" The King at the control ... "

Trip Head
07-04-2006, 01:24 PM
really nice release :clap:
who is Tiddles ?!

" The King at the control ... "

Think its Chris' wife

speed-it-up
20-04-2006, 03:35 PM
quality release love this ska sound that has crept into the acid scene at the moment might just be a bit of a fad but i like it

Of course its a fad. Shows they have completely run out of ideas. Sorry, but this record is utter toss and in my opinion cheapens a label that has previously had some excellent releases.

rhythmtech
20-04-2006, 03:53 PM

Of course its a fad. Shows they have completely run out of ideas. Sorry, but this record is utter toss and in my opinion cheapens a label that has previously had some excellent releases.

:roll:

at least criticise constructivly... or do something better yourself.

fresh_an_funky_design
20-04-2006, 04:02 PM
b side is good, a side not really for my tastes

speed-it-up
21-04-2006, 10:45 AM

:roll:

at least criticise constructivly... or do something better yourself.

Sorry, but where do you want me to start? Its better to say that you don't like a record than to pretend that a below par release is any good. I voted with my wallet and left it in the shop.

I care about the music and don't see the point in saying everything on SUF is good when it aint. :)

Si the Sigh
21-04-2006, 10:53 AM
No one said everything thats on SUF is good, especially me. The point is, whats not good about this release? What didn't you like about it? "It's shit" isn't constructive feedback, where as "I'm not feeling the Ska vibe" is better.

dan the acid man
21-04-2006, 01:55 PM
No one said everything thats on SUF is good, especially me. The point is, whats not good about this release? What didn't you like about it? "It's shit" isn't constructive feedback, where as "I'm not feeling the Ska vibe" is better.

here, here brother si

speed-it-up
21-04-2006, 03:19 PM

I can see where you are coming from, but in this instance that would be a GROSS understatement.

Next time I will either not comment or refer to the tune when I diss it. :blush:

The ska sound on the a side does give the tune an off beat, hard house feel and sits badly with techno.

The record sounds like novelty acid techno.
Sure they had fun making it but why not just make a ska tune?

fresh_an_funky_design
21-04-2006, 03:22 PM
prob cos they wanted to make an acid tune

speed-it-up
21-04-2006, 03:33 PM
whatever

conor256
30-04-2006, 09:43 AM
well i love acid and i love ska... so it just seems perfect to me that the two styles have been combined...... the sound on the highwire label has become a little stale.... possibly thats why the releases on highwire have become less frequent.....
sure its not the best acid techno tune...... and sure its not the best ska beat...... but a little bit of both together sounds great......and i think that people will vote with their feet and have done last week ..... this one gets the thumbs up!!! both sides!!! :razz:

christian wagner
30-04-2006, 11:43 PM
They done a decent job with the vocals, but i dunno - i much prefere the B-side, meems a lot stronger. as with a fair few of the SUF tunes.

I got it other day and i may change my mind hearing the A-side again all the way through. Nice to see some different collaberations on SUF though.

Adrenalin
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Props to the SUF camp for daring to try something different. When a label has been around as long as Stay Up Forever, you have to do something to keep things interesting. Whether it works or not is another story. Mediocre in my opinion, but you can't win them all. Who knows, it might grow on me over time like other SUF releases.

techno_smack
02-05-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah big up the b side massive

APC
12-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Objection / Your Rights is one of the better releases from SUF in the last year or 2. I know this is an old thread but if you could see what SUF was releasing in the future you would grimace. You are probably grimacing now.

rhythmtech
13-11-2006, 11:52 AM
y would we be grimacing? suf86 is a funky little tune and 87 is a monster from DDR.. nowt to grimace about there m8.

278d7e64a374de26f==