PDA

View Full Version : wow

koma
31-03-2006, 11:57 AM
I have just read that soundbase germany sold 1500 copies of the new record on industrial strength limited

1500 copies in 3 hours!!! hello!!!
and that record isnt really "woooow", IMO.
but I guess their promotion is good

so dont tell me vinyl is dead. maybe record labels should come up with new ways to target potential customers. promote themselves more. just sending records to the shops with hundreds and thousands of other titles isnt enough.

TechMouse
31-03-2006, 12:02 PM
That's impressive.

The exception rather than the rule though, I think.

Miromiric
31-03-2006, 12:14 PM
can i have some clips please?

koma
31-03-2006, 12:14 PM
nah, I hear all the time about some stuff selling well over 1000-2000 copies
but usually it aint the record I was hoping to go that good, its bad or average stuff

while the good stuff sells in about 500 copies? thats just absurd. there are so many vinyl djs out there. there are so many topics here with lots of praises about some records, cause theyre good. still, they dont sell like the bad ones.

koma
31-03-2006, 12:17 PM
can i have some clips please?

sure
hunter rmxs ep

stormtrooper rmx (http://zobi.kicks-ass.net/Stormtrooper.mp3)
armageddon project rmx (http://zobi.kicks-ass.net/Armageddon.mp3)
dj promo rmx (http://zobi.kicks-ass.net/Promo.mp3)

Miromiric
31-03-2006, 12:18 PM
i was thinknig should i write just that, but was afraid of being called bad names again.
but basically, good stuff in techno sells lousily, while rather pathetic, mindless piece of shit sells decently.
iti s not always like that, but i have seen many really amazing pieces selling just enough to break even in the last few years.

The Divide
31-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I miss hardcore techno, any dj links to some new stuff?

Miromiric
31-03-2006, 12:57 PM
wtf is hardcore techno?

The Divide
31-03-2006, 01:33 PM
see above you cheeky monkey

koma
31-03-2006, 01:44 PM
well there are links for sets in the core forum
it all depends what kind of hardcore you prefer...

audioinjection
31-03-2006, 10:49 PM
oh thats the new manga corps remixes right?

i think anything re-released or remixed nowadays sells pretty well, especially with hardcore

i know hardcore vinyl sales go up to 3000, depending what label it is

Dustin Zahn
31-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Rule #1: Almost all people lie about their numbers.

dirty_bass
31-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Rule #1: Almost all people lie about their numbers.

that`s it right there

djshiva
01-04-2006, 07:24 AM
i do have to add that i think record labels do little to nothing to promote their releases these days. we don't have many venues to advertise in, true. but just releasing it and getting it distro'd is only half the battle.

what are labels doing (or not doing) to promote their releases? there are a TON of labels out there, and getting a label to rise above the riffraff in terms of visibility is damn difficult. what could we be doing that we are NOT doing?

dirty_bass
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Spending vast amounts of money on promotion.
Or constantly hyping yourself up and constantly talking about yourself like some horrible rich drunk at a wine bar.
?

djshiva
01-04-2006, 05:51 PM
in response to dirty_bass:

that's kinda what i am getting at. there is not a lot of money floating around in the techno world, and you don't wanna sound like an annoying asshole, so we need to find creative ways of promoting labels that don't cost an arm and a leg.

i think too, sometimes we confuse "hype" with "promotion". "hype" (to me) is constantly talking about yourself and not having any substance to back it up. "promotion" is not only letting people know you have music out and available, but pushing the profile of the labels themselves.

as far as labels go, i feel that as a DJ, i have a prime opportunity to play great techno, and to let people know where it's coming from. without these labels and artists busting their asses, i don't have shit to play. so even if i am not involved with a label, i want to let people know where the quality is. i think too many times, people become so involved with promoting themselves instead of promoting techno as a whole. people get really focused on personal success and fail to realize that if techno falls behind as a whole, it hurts us all.

i know i am kinda rambling (not quite caffeinated), but i guess what i am trying to say is that it is important to me to promote the hard work of the good labels and artists, and not just push my own individual pursuits. and i am doing my damndest to think of new ways to do that.

The Overfiend
01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/photos/i/iced_out_2005/joe_juan.jpg
Yall are buggin
I just bought this with the money from my Dirty Bass release playaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==