PDA

View Full Version : Focusrite Liquid Mix

stjohn
01-04-2006, 04:43 PM
ive been thinking an outboard DSP processor is my next step. powercore or summin. but this looks tasty. plus afaik focusrite stuff seems to be beef!

http://www.note2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86

Evil G
01-04-2006, 05:07 PM
well the focusrite liquid channel pre-amp didn't really impress a lot of people, so many are skeptical about this. i guess we'll have to wait and see how the plugins sound.

machina
02-04-2006, 06:35 AM
well the focusrite liquid channel pre-amp didn't really impress a lot of people, so many are skeptical about this. i guess we'll have to wait and see how the plugins sound.

Really? I've heard nothing but praise for the liquid channels... in fact i've met a couple of very high end producers, who do pop music and the like who have replaced all their 10's of thousands of dollars worth of amek, ssl compressors with liquid channels as they are easier to deal with...

i'm thinking of getting one, so if there is any criticism of it i'd love to have a read..,

machina

Evil G
02-04-2006, 08:48 AM
well it very well might be good. this came up on some other boards i read and the opinions were tending towards the negative end, basically saying that the convolution processing didn't sound as analog as they hoped, but studio guys are known to play favorites sometimes.

i haven't heard it myself, so i'll shut up now. :paranoid:

Evil G
02-04-2006, 09:30 AM
here's some of the discussion i was thinking of. some fans and some critics:

http://www.chrismilne.com/uadforums/viewtopic.php?t=4488&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=0

machina
03-04-2006, 01:12 AM
cheers for that... but yeah, you're right about the guys playing favourites... anti-digital/anti-focusrite people will always bitch about it i guess...

machina

Komplex
06-04-2006, 03:18 AM
all I want to do is hear how it sounds...

fresh_an_funky_design
14-04-2006, 09:39 PM
i've heard many good things about the liquid channel, although never heard it myself

278d7e64a374de26f==