PDA

View Full Version : Hawtin Club Trouble

aphex_hn
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
http://www.djmag.com/miami25.php

Techno DJ Richie Hawtin was bundled out by security midway through his set at Nocturnal in Miami on Friday 24 March.

It is not known what caused the fracas, but the club’s security were so adamant to get Hawtin out of the club that they headlocked him, and dragged him towards the entrance.

Hawtin’s friends and fellow DJs eventually came to his aid – Adam Beyer (who Hawtin was DJing back-to-back with) even stopped the music – and Richie emerged unscathed, although a little shaken.

An eyewitness said: “Miami’s door staff are notoriously dumb, but to headlock one of the world’s most famous techno DJs and try to kick him out of his own party is just too stupid for words.

“He was acting a bit lairy, but the reaction by the bouncers was overzealous and irrational.”

Hawtin continued to play the rest of his set, which was reportedly one of the best of the Winter Music Conference.

:eh:

dan the acid man
02-04-2006, 12:03 AM
its the hair, makes him look like a nutter :lol:

conflict
02-04-2006, 12:07 AM
hahahahha

:lol:

that'll teach him to play minimal

MARKEG
02-04-2006, 01:04 AM
just shows you, NOONE is above security in clubs.

i like the fact this is the way. i have seen superstar dj's think they are above everything and they are soon knocked down to size when a bouncer takes control. i've donne so much shit in my time but you soon realise that you respect security. a club without this policy, is usually a club wiith a bunch of asshole dj's and asshole punters, unless of course, it's a free party ;)

i'm not saying richie is a stuck up dj, i reckon he was probably drunk beyond control. but respect to others for stepping in and helping him out. i hope someone would do that for me (although in the past i've ended up outside begging for forgiveness hahaha).. everyone's allowed to be an ass sometimes but in this instance, i reckon richie would have learnt his lesson hehehe.

The Overfiend
02-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Nah this is the second time I've heard of Hawtie getting out of hand at a club.
First time I seen it Adam X smacked the shit out of him. Guernica Nyc, do your homework.

RDR
02-04-2006, 07:59 AM
First time I seen it Adam X smacked the shit out of him. Guernica Nyc, do your homework.

WTF was all that about antonio... do tell... :eyes: :twisted:

eyeswithoutaface
02-04-2006, 08:38 AM
so hawtin got a little drunk in a club and some over zealous bouncers were a little bored, big deal! I'm sure said bouncers got a right load of abuse off the promoters for nearly sending the party totally tits up. And so what if its the 2nd time he "got out of hand" in a club. He must of played thousands and thousands and thousands of clubs by now, 2 incidents in about 15 years is a pretty good ratio

oldbugger
02-04-2006, 08:46 AM
dont be silly eyes. people in the public eye are not human. dont you know anything? :lol: :razz:

i bet it was hillarious to see the look on his face though. :lol:
and i bet the bouncer is in a world of shit

eyeswithoutaface
02-04-2006, 08:52 AM
yes sorry i forgot as soon as you hit a certain level commercially you automatically turn into a robot from the inside out. How foolish of me!

*goes back to read "How to become a famous android Dj, volume 5"*

RDR
02-04-2006, 09:03 AM
They released volume 5?

shit, im still on voume 3 - how to body pop and drink at the same time.

eyeswithoutaface
02-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah it was out a little while ago, i think number 6 is by Frankie Bones - "How to alienate all your fanbase by claiming to be something your not"

should be a good un!

oldbugger
02-04-2006, 09:10 AM
but honestly..

who ****in cares :lol:

this is the kind of chit chat shite that feeds people like the sun.
news makes me laugh so hard. half the stuff in the news is just gossip about celebs..

who cares..they are just people. most of them are pretty boring too.

The Divide
02-04-2006, 02:29 PM
but honestly..

who ****in cares :lol:

this is the kind of chit chat shite that feeds people like the sun.
news makes me laugh so hard. half the stuff in the news is just gossip about celebs..

http://www.thedivide.co.uk/images/TECHNO_HEADLINES.jpg

conflict
02-04-2006, 02:33 PM
brilliant

The Divide
02-04-2006, 03:48 PM
:clown:

dan the acid man
02-04-2006, 04:29 PM
baaaaaaaaaahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

oldbugger
02-04-2006, 04:46 PM
hahahahha... fair doos...thats funny as foook :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

eyeswithoutaface
02-04-2006, 07:21 PM
that's fecking hilarious

acidsaturation
02-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Wicked!

DJ Becka
03-04-2006, 12:16 AM

I was there when that happened....Richie and his girlfriend were drinking champagne and throwing the glasses on the floor like a bunch of elitist snotty a*holes.......and a piece of glass bounced up from the floor and cut Adam's face.....when neither one of them would apologize for what happened, that's when shit went down......

John Vella
03-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Hey Furnee that clown kinda resembles you a bit. :D

The Overfiend
03-04-2006, 04:00 AM

I was there when that happened....Richie and his girlfriend were drinking champagne and throwing the glasses on the floor like a bunch of elitist snotty a*holes.......and a piece of glass bounced up from the floor and cut Adam's face.....when neither one of them would apologize for what happened, that's when shit went down......

Precisely.
So Scotty I guess that eliminates your track record thing eh?
It's one thing to act like a fool drunk, who doesn't
But to be an asshole, snobby, pretentious, in more instances than just these two isolated ones.
When you're a dick it will show, and in places like Nyc and Miami.
Security ain't having it.
I know this from doing security in some instances.
I does not matter who you are.
You let the star get away with it, and the average drunk jerkoff will think he can do the same because he is spending money.
I've seen it plenty of times in the tunnel.
Where security will take you into a lil room and rodney king you, then turn you outside, then when you get outside you'll more than likely get arrested by the crooked cops outside for being drunk in public. Seen it happen to so called celebs.

Dustin Zahn
03-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Alright, looks like it's time to set the record straight. Henry Chow and I were both there hanging out when all this shit was going down. I actually left about 10 minutes before Hawtin got 86'd but Chow was still there and he got pictures too. Basically, some of those guys were kind of rude but it wasn't a complete snob/elitest fest like some of you are making it out to be.

I got down to Nocturnal about...6 or 7 in the morning and Beyer and Hawtin were taggin' back to back. In between records everybody was doing shots, having a good time and partying as the sun came up. For those who care about details...no it wasn't just minimal techno, they were playing everything from Beyer's Mad Eye material to some Hardcell & Grindvik type techno. Even Richie grew some balls for the morning and played some harder tunes. Anyway, back to the story at hand...everyone was getting pretty drunk (sometimes it took 3 DJs to mix 1 record) but for the most part it was still a fun vibe and more comical than ridiculous. Beyer was still actually holding down the decks pretty well at this point. After a while Richie got a little more out of hand and started throwing small things out into the crowd. Nothing too harmful or disrespectful imo. At that time in the morning if you're still partying on a rooftop and pissed because somebody hits you with a lime, you have issues. Finally, Chow handed Richie some new tunes. Richie grabbed it and threw it into the crowd...that was pretty ****ing disrespectful in my book. By this point I needed some damn breakfast so I bolted. Chow stayed around and said that Hawtin was warned to stop and leave. He tried to play one more record and the bouncers threw him out.

Despite all that, it remained as one of my favorite parties of the weekend.

P.S. bouncers take a lot less shit in Miami. If it were here in the upper midwest it would have been no big deal. It's a party, shit happens. Everybody was still having a good time. To my knowledge nobody was hurt except for some awful mixes. Imo, that's the only reason any of those guys should have been thrown out. All this talk about snobbiness and elitism in this incident is mostly associated bullshit attached to their names. Beyer is actually a really nice guy and Richie has always been very cool as well.

djshiva
03-04-2006, 05:19 AM
that shit with richie throwing henry's stuff into the crowd is pretty shite.

i guess if it was a cd, no biggie, but if it was vinyl, that shit don't come cheap and i woulda tossed my drink in his face...but that's me...i have been known to do that kinda shit...which means i have pissed off a few bouncers in my day as well. ;)

The Overfiend
03-04-2006, 05:53 AM
Tossin Chow's record, what a douchebag.
Done that to me and the bouncers would have had a bigger prob than Hawtin'
The Miami PD would have been there.

djshiva
03-04-2006, 06:13 AM
ya gotta admit tho, gettin' kicked out of yer own party is pretty punk rock...

...now about that haircut, rich...

The Overfiend
03-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Kinda G.G. Allin ish without the poop and nakedness.
Mind you Hawtin still showed his ass theoretically speaking.

eyeswithoutaface
03-04-2006, 09:13 AM
i still stand by my "gig to pretentiousness" ratio as it were, there's 2 sides to every coin. Sure he's obviously acted like a dick in that instance, but people go on like its some amazing techno myth. Basically, 2 guys had a fight in a club. Simple. As you guys say yourself he's no biggie just because of his name, so all the comments in this thread basically fuel the fire. It's all promotion for Richie good or bad, not that he needs it, or cares either i doubt, im sure he's more than over a little fight in a club that was caused when he was obviously extremely drunk, and as you say who doesnt act a fool when drunk? Doesnt make them a bad person.

i wouldnt be arsed if Hawtin threw a record of mine into the crowd, i'd just get another copy out of my bag. Certainly wouldnt resort to violence, how petty would that be!

The Overfiend
03-04-2006, 09:21 AM
It's a form of disrespect Scott.
Let someone take something you have worked on.
How would DaVinci react if someone threw piss on the roof of the Sistine Chapel just to be a douche about it?
And I'm not talking myth I seen him act like a douche in person.

eyeswithoutaface
03-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Of course its disrespect, but he was drunk, and you said early who doesnt act a fool when drunk?

i meant myth in the form that people bang on about this hawtin/adam x thing like it was yesterday and errr, like its IMPORTANT. It doesnt mean a thing. As i say, 2 blokes fighting, in a club, nothing special about that im afraid.

Ive had copies of my records taken out of my record bag in parties, it doesnt mean im going to find who did it and beat them senseless, as at the end of the day if they are low enough to steal a piece of plastic that i would of probably given them anyway if they asked, then thats there problem, not mine.

and that's not a great example Tony as i dont actually think you'd get away with walking through the Sistine Chapel with a cup of piss ready to take aim. And you'd have to have some throw on you! ;)

heavy beats
03-04-2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.mnvibe.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56638

heavy beats
03-04-2006, 07:51 PM
he didnt toss my tunes into the crowd. he did toss it at someone behind the booth though. he's just lucky they didnt split his wig.

The Divide
03-04-2006, 09:26 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Richie Hawtin gets drunk and fools around, heres an exclusive from our reporter Scott Grey...

eyeswithoutaface
03-04-2006, 09:29 PM
http://www.fareldalrymple.com/images/private_dick.jpg

SlavikSvensk
03-04-2006, 09:35 PM
too bad he wasn't put in prison, since that means he'd have to have his hair cut...

Technobitch
03-04-2006, 09:41 PM

jon connor
04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
fuk it who cares we all need a crack now an again especially when you act a prick and you no you did the next day so wot hahahahahahahah fuk take it on the chin like a man looks like richie did by getting back on the decks and smashing the shite outa that dance floor woooooooooooooooooooooooo loved to seen that set yea baby :rambo:

been a little harsh on richie lately so thought id be on his side for a change heheheheheheheheh hair like a bitch plays like a muth fuker ;) oh and ummmmmmmmmmmmm pioneer let him do wot the fuk he likes :cheese:

teknorich
04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
I know mate, we've all got pissed/high and been thrown out of clubs and bars on the past. We're no better!

Also, though he seemd pretty wrecked and was acting a bit of a t*t, he hardly ever does that, compared with other djs like Ricardo Villalobos...It has only attracted this much attention because of who he is.

audioinjection
04-04-2006, 06:02 PM
lmao

The Divide
04-04-2006, 07:08 PM
too bad he wasn't put in prison, since that means he'd have to have his hair cut...

He will be when the fashion police get him :paranoid:

dirty_bass
04-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, what`s wrong with having a laugh.

I beat the shit out of someones gran after she had a stroke and fell on the decks while I was playing.
But, you know, I was drunk, just one of those things.

jon connor
05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
:lol: fuk sake hahahahaahahahaha hey listen ive been around a bit and ive seen as a club promoter and dj some major tantrums im telling ya a fare few fisty cuffs , but they all just makeing themselves look like a dick and in most cases got knocked the fuk out , but in this case i can see richie has come back and played his set without any caos so respect to him for not throwing a big tantrum threating law suits an all that kinda bollox fare dooze to him on this 1 took a kikin and got back up to peform hahahaha the guys got balls even if he does look like a girl :lol: ;)

eyeswithoutaface
05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
exactly, if he was that much of a prima donna he'd of took his 10 grand cheque and just got off to sip cristal and wax his fringe

jon connor
05-04-2006, 04:42 PM

The Overfiend
05-04-2006, 04:59 PM
I sip Cris
You sip piss.

R. Kelly.

DJ Becka
06-04-2006, 03:28 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/youngseth/cocoonclub_ibiza_1.jpg

davethedrummer
07-04-2006, 05:29 PM
zany!
will it never stop?

tocsin
08-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Side topic, but, that whole image has single-handedly made an ugly part of Brooklyn even uglier. :p

DrewDavid
10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
holy shit - that Cocoon flyer is the gayest/funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

DJ Becka
11-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Side topic, but, that whole image has single-handedly made an ugly part of Brooklyn even uglier. :p

For once we can agree on something.......hipsters scare me :shock:

278d7e64a374de26f==