PDA

View Full Version : [HARD FUNKY,TRIBAL TECHNO] Dan Devious - Bad Signal

Dan Devious
02-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi folks, heres a clipping of my new track, could i have some feedback as im thinking of rewroking it a little more, i think i went to heavey on the filters and not sure about the offs.

thanks in advance
l
ink is here http://dvdbusiness-workshop.com/Badsignal-test.mp3

Dan Devious
02-04-2006, 05:11 PM
other link was bad so here the new one http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2X67YJR9OFCMA34XBMBZCPWRPB

BRADLEE
03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Sounds pretty good what I heard, but my download cut me off. So I could not hear the whole thing. Like what I heard though...

Evil G
04-04-2006, 10:24 PM
the filter edits sound good, but you may be right about there being too many of them. sounds pretty decent. the sub is good. kick has enough top, but it seemed like there was a bit of a hole in the mid bass region maybe?

Dan Devious
06-04-2006, 05:30 AM
cool thanks for the feedback guys! think im gonna rework it a bit... i think it has some potential

danielmarshall
06-04-2006, 10:17 AM
That kick is a bit too heavy for my liking. Coupled with the heavy compression it really kills the nice percussion you've got going in the background :(

Your filter sweeps are sounding really good (actually unit are you using? Sounds like those on the Pioneer DJ mixers). That said I generally prefer tracks without too much of this kind of editing for DJ use since it's simple to add this in with Live on the fly, and it hence only really restricts what you can do with the track.

I like the shuffliness you've got going here. Musically I think it's pretty well done, though I'm always a sucker for some crazy bongo/ stab action in something like this.

Well done, but it still needs work :)

Dan Devious
06-04-2006, 02:44 PM
thanks for the feedback Dan. the filter is actually the free filter in Fruityloops. :)

BloodStar
06-04-2006, 06:56 PM
quite like this track and some ideas in it,. used sounds fit well together, and also the breaks and filter sweepes sounds good.. bassline is nicely pumping and works well with kick, but i think production needs some work,. here is some little inbalance between lowend and hi's. it lacks some more presents and due too much compression or bad EQ on bass and kick is too bottom heavy. i would lock to eq and would try to balance the levels better.. looking forward to newxt version..

Dan Devious
10-04-2006, 03:42 PM
cheers mate!

278d7e64a374de26f==